House-shopping

It's been a whole 3 hours of just mindless searching for a godforsaken place to stay. I might as well just sleep on the floor at this rate.

"Hi, I was wondering if you had any space at your hotel? I only need one night." I was once again at a small-time hotel, fingers had been picked at so much in the last 3 hours that there was blood.

"Thank you for your query, please allow me to check our availability for tonight." The receptionist stated, flipping through his notebook. "It seems we do have availability, you're in luck. Normally it gets quite busy at this time of the year."

"Yeah, I've heard." I tutted, adding a whisper of "about 5 times today"

"Would you be interested in our single room? It's a little small but very cheap."

"How much is it?" 

He flipped his notebook to the very front and read the price out loud. "During peak season, it's 25k mora."

Holy shit that sounds like a lot 

I began to fumble through the mora that was given to me, in a small green pouch. "I see, let me just..." I looked back up at the receptionist. "Sorry, let me just check if I have that, please keep this room reserved." 

The receptionist nodded as I stepped to the side of the queue behind me. 

Okay, 1000 mora, 2000....I began counting the coins one by one, trying hard to concentrate during the busiest hour of the city.

As I did, I felt eyes on me.

I couldn't take my mind off the mora, there's no way I'm counting this shit again. But, there was something about the vibe of this stare. It was intrusive.

I didn't like the way it felt like it was caressing my body up and down as though it was physically touching me. 

Shaking my head, I continued to count the mora until I finally got to 25k and then headed back into the queue, looking around as I did for the source of that feeling.

Okay, this was probably just my imagination. But then again, the last time I thought that, it most definitely was not my imagination.

The hair stood on the back of my neck as the queue moved forward until I was finally at the front of it. 

After placing my 25k in the hands of the hotel receptionist, I ventured out into the city centre in search of more food. Those 3 hours really got my stomach going.

I walked for a couple of minutes, in search of something affordable and good. My green mora pouch tucked into my bag I had been carrying since before I came into this reality.

Suddenly, a rough body of fabric slammed into my shoulder and I stumbled. "Hey!" I shouted in shock.

"My apologies, are you hurt?" 

I looked up at the offender and took in his appearance for a second, his blue hair blew softly in the wind, white coat shuddered against the breeze.

And that mask, why is he wearing a mask?

"No I'm fine, sorry I should have looked where I was going" I apologised too, I mean it was partially my fault for not concentrating on anything but my stomach. "Are you hurt?"

He paused in thought for a second before chuckling, "Not at all, thank you for your concern..." His fingers came up, signalling for a name and my hand.

"Oh, it's y/n, I'm glad you're okay and again I'm sorry!" I rushed out, embarrassed by his elegance. I placed my hand in his and watched as he grazed it slowly with his lips. "Uhm..."

"Y/n..." His smile was light, friendly. 

It didn't hold any ill intent.

He softly placed his lips against the back of my hand for a few seconds before letting it go.

I smiled back awkwardly and began to walk away, wiping my hand as I did, but was stopped by his sudden presence in front of me again. 

"I must say, you do have a beautiful smile, y/n."

Raising a brow, I couldn't help but laugh at his flirty behaviour. "Thank you, sir."

"Please, call me Zandik."

"Zandik." I politely moved to the side of him. "Thank you, but I really do need to go, I'm in a rush."

"Ah, my apologies again y/n. I hope we see each other again. For a date, perhaps?"

huh?!

"Ohhh, uhhh that's" Flustered, I blurted out "Maybe, who knows I might be free anyway bye have to- yeah." Before rushing off, leaving the wide-smiled masked man behind.

Little did I know, that sweet grin began to sink into something psychotic as soon as I was out of view.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Notes:

I have no idea if this is good or not, I'm currently juggling a cw deadline and an upcoming test so my attention is kinda everywhere rn

Let me know if It's not doing so good, so I can fix it tho

Anyway, short a/n but I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Look out for the next one xx