2.

"Jennie!"

"Jennie-yah I love you!"

"Jennie kim!"

"Marry me!"

"Ms.Jennie! Jennie!"

"Look this way!"

Jennie smiled at her fans who waited for her arrival at the airport, as she was ushered through the rush by her security team along with airport security.

The amount of people there might as well have caused a delay in all the arrivals, so despite her wanting to talk with them, she was forced to leave as quickly as possible.

And with the cameras being shoved at her in her every direction, along with every fan pushing against anything they could  to get a glimpse of her and attempt to reach for her, her anxiety was doing nothing to help her.

She should be used to this. She's a celebrity after all. But her heart always slamming against her rib cage, the air seemingly getting thinner and lost as she watched all the faces crushing themselves at her.

She loved her fans. She knew they loved her. And that's the only reason she's able to cope with the aggressive approach to displaying it. It also didn't help that a certain part of the mob were not fans at all.

Rather, they chose to waste their time expressing their negativity on her, expecting her to remain unaffected as she was supposed to be used to it.

But she wasn't. No. Not one word failed at stabbing at her as she walked past, making on her unaffected and happy expression.

Jennie had just returned to South Korea after months, so it was completely valid for such a craze to wash over the country at the news of her arrival. Especially as she was returning from a world tour that had a revenue of millions, just wrapping up the North America tour and returning for her final show of the tour, in South Korea, where it all started.

The date was set to next week, which meant tiring practices will be all that she would face for the next few days.

Apart from the success of her tour, she had just covered for Vogue, starred in her 10th global campaign for Chanel, just ended promotions for her latest album, and had won an Emmy for best new actress at this years awards. Apart from that, she was scheduled to attend the Grammy's in two months again, being awarded with nominations, and was set to premier her new line with gentle monster.

Success was downplaying it, but it was tough to look past that and see the hours she'd be logging every week.

So when she stated she wanted to work on a Korean drama project as soon as her tour officially ended, the shock on her team was visibly apparent.

'Jennie, you should rest and prepare for your Grammy performance instead. It's the first time a K-pop artist has ever been nominated."

"Exactly, and dramas take time. Months. When would you prepare for your new album? We might have most of the tracks ready, but the work is hardly over."

Jennie sighed in the backseat of the car, safely tucked away and on her way home, as she remembered how that conversation went.

Thankfully she was great at convincing, otherwise she wouldn't have known how to achieve her feat.

Jennie had set her eyes on a new project ever since she had received the script of it via email 2 days ago. It was Director Song's new project, and she convinced her team by arguing that she'd still be able to do her other projects as she had done so previously.

This wasn't just any project though.

It was her dads. This was her fathers work. Of course, no one knew that. Not even Director Song who was handed the manuscript years ago, asked to develop it.

Jennie didn't expect it, until she had seen his name on the bottom right. The script was handed in years ago, just before he had passed, and so he had never seen the end of it.

And now, it felt like it was her job to finish what he started. She knew Director Sung knew new father through work, heck, they were friends even.

But little to no one knew of his daughter that lived with his ex-wife. His identity as her father remained hidden, for the sake of everyone.

And it was her job to keep it that way, in order to let things be at peace and not rekindle on the past.

Jennie hadn't even realised how far gone she had been in her thoughts, as she was shook awake by the sound of her driver repeating her name numerous times, each in a different pitch, just to grab her attention.

"Thank you." Jennie smiled as she got out at the private entrance to her penthouse atop the Seoul Forest Trimmage, one of the most exclusive buildings in Gangnam.

Some connections always paid off, especially from the entertainment industry.

Jennie walked inside her lift after punching in her code, rubbing her head as she waited for the elevator to reach her floor.

As she stepped out, she was welcomed by her tidy and open house, a place she hadn't been to in months.

Everything was the same, including the placement of the glasses on the counter.

She sighed in relief as she stepped out of her heels and took off her coat, immediately diving head first into her couch as she snuggled against it, briefly responding to a few messages on her phone.

Jennie then shut her phone off as the jet lag had gotten to her, resting her head and shutting her eyes as she breathed deeply, slowly drifting off amongst her thoughts.

Jennie had then realised that the one thing she was sad about being the same from before she left, in fact from when she bought and moved into the place, was that the space was still a house.

No matter the large two floors, open areas or the luxurious amenities, it still lacked one thing.

It was still a house, not a home.

————————
Chapter 2
——
Acts of Hate

-----
-JJENINII
————————