22.

"Jennie! Hurry and get ready. Your scene is next." Director song yelled over the rush of people running in and out as Jennie looked across and nodded, entering the filming site as she was ushered to a change room immediately.

The girl had just returned from her rehearsals for the Grammy awards and was now filming for the next couple hours before her fitting with Chanel for her red carpet look.

Needless to say, it was hard to remember the last time she had a full nights rest.

Taehyung had noticed and felt pity as she was bound to this exhausting schedule for now, stuck amidst two contracts.

With her role in the drama, it was hard to remember that her main job was an artist, not an actress.

He himself had been kept busy with brand deals and commercial films, yet it was nothing Jennie wasn't doing.

He rounded into her change room the moment he saw the stylist leave for a minute to search for an accessory vital to the scene.

"Hey." He greeted as he placed a kiss on her temple as he leant down, while Jennie offered a tired smile in response.

"Hey you. Don't you look nice today." She commented at the three piece suit he had worn for the scene they had together.

"Can't say the same for you, health wise. Do you want me to grab you something?" Taehyung offered as she pursed her lips in thought.

"An Americano sounds just right, if you can." She requested as he nodded.

"Gotcha. I'll grab that while your makeup is being done." Taehyung stated as she smiled a thankful smile, turning to peck his lips slightly.

"It's so weird to think that we're together now. I mean it's good it's private because there's no way I can explain how quickly this happened to anyone else." She stated as he nodded.

"I don't care what they think though. I'm just happy to be with you now." He smiled as she smiled back, the two springing apart as her stylist returned with a glorious smile etched across her face.

"I found it!" She smiled before stilling at the sight of the abnormal presence in her change room.

"Oh, you have company. Should I leave or...?" She started as Jennie shook her head with a stoic expression.

"We were just rehearsing lines. You're fine." Jennie explained as Taehyung agreed with a nod.

"I was just about to leave anyways. Have fun ladies." He mused as he stepped out after casting Jennie a secret look that only she would've caught.

"It seems that date did more than we thought. For the first time k-media wasn't over reacting when they said you two looked good together. Is there something between you two already? After one date? That's some strong chemistry right there." She joked as she came to stand behind Jennie, securing the clasp of the Aria necklace.

"What? No. We're just warming up to the fact that there's nowhere to go but here. Nothing more." She lied effortlessly as the stylist nodded, still unconvinced.

"I mean whatever you say but... you two together? I don't see any wrongs. Personality wise, you two click. And I mean, two of the hottest visuals in Korea? That's some good looking hypothetical children right there." She laughed as Jennie reddened while rolling her eyes.

"Whatever you say Mel."

-------------

"Aria!" Jinho yelled running after the girl who had only turned around with a furious expression.

"What? What could you possibly say to me right now that could change my mind? Two weeks, that it. You left to Korea for two weeks and come back here with new dating rumors under your belt? I thought we were in this together, but clearly you had other plans?" She mused as she shoved him back slightly while he shook his head.

"I swear, it's not what it looks like. You know how the media is, how they twi-" he began but was cut off by her scoffing.

"Are you kidding me? That pathetic excuse might have worked if you were not spotted together with your parents! And your freaking PR confirmed it! Engagement talks in two weeks, huh? Then what were we supposed to be?" Aria accused venomously as Jinho pursed his lips.

"It wasn't me. It was my parents, and nothing is confirmed yet. They just wanted us to meet since the engagement would be a good business decision too. You know you're the only one I love." He stated as she shook her head.

"Right. Business. Because that's clearly more important here." She glared.

"You know that's not true. You're the most importa-" He began to protest.

"Don't give me that bullshit, Jinho. If that were true this conversation wouldn't be happening. Tell me, were you ever going to tell your parents about us? Actually, no. Why didn't you tell them yet? Did you think I can't measure up? That I'm not good enough? Because I already told mine, just so you know. Because I'm serious about this." Aria said as she pointed between the two.

"You know it's not that easy, Aria. I would if I could. I'm serious about us too, but right now, I can't drag you into that mess." He tried as she shook her head.

"Yeah right. I think you're forgetting something Jinho. We come from the same place. The same expectations, rules, society..... The same world. That doesn't cut it. Messy is all I know." She spat before taking a moment for herself.

"We can't be a thing until you figure your bullshit out. It's unfair for me to go and see you getting set up for marriage while we're supposed to be something, anything. Sort your mess out first if you plan on us being together Jinho." She ended as she turned away to leave, pulling her arm from his grasp and shooting the man a warning look as she walked away.

-----------

"CUT!" director song yelled as Jennie came walking back to monitor the scene with Taehyung.

"How was it?" Taehyung asked as he ran a hand through his now disheveled hair.

"You two, damn. Never quit acting okay?" One of the producers praised as the two only sheepishly chuckled in response.

"You flatter us too much." Taehyung said as he nudged the said producer as Jennie nodded at the monitor.

"I think it looks good. What do you think Director?" She asked the man who only smiled appreciatively at the footage.

"Yeah I think we got it. You go and rest with Soojin and Rowoon, you're next scene isn't for an hour and a half or so." He instructed as the said pair nodded and headed to the hotel room where they knew the other two were hanging out together already.

"When's your fitting with Chanel?" He asked Jennie who checked her watch.

"Almost 4 hours later. Until then it's just filming." She said as he nodded.

"Take some rest kid." He joked as she rolled her eyes.

"We're two weeks apart, sport. Don't get too ahead of yourself there." Jennie laughed as she attempted to push him in the elevator but he only grabbed her arm to pull her into a kiss.

She smiled into it. It was different from their usual encounters. Short and sweet. She sighed happily into the kiss as he pressed her back against the elevator wall and pulled away shortly after.

"That's really unfair." Jennie breathed out in mock discontent as he reached to frame her face.

"Too bad. I can't help myself around you." He grinned boyishly as she rolled her eyes once more and patted his chest.

"Jeez. Quit the flirt act." She joked as they reached the floor and he only chuckled as the two walked to the room together.

——————————
Chapter 22
——
Acts of Hate
——
JJENINII
——————————