26

"Kim Jennie and Kim Taehyung."

"Romance actors forming a romance of their own?"

"Real life enemies to lovers."

"Media okay of first date debunked."

"Confirmation that famous 'metro couple' is Kim Jennie and Kim Taehyung."

"Rumours say Rowoon cheating led Jennie to date Tae...."

"Fans are livid at the news of the new couple."

"Day 1 fight, day 2 date?"

"Photos leaked from Taehyung and Jennie's private date."

"Evidence shows that Kim Taehyung and Kim Jennie have been linked from November of last year."

"Matching shirts and rings say that the new couple is not new at all."

"Taehyung and Jennie dating? Or is it just a fling?"

—————————

"Yes?" Jennie asked as she picked up the call from her CEO.

"Is it true?" The CEO asked in his first sentence to her.

"yep. It's true." She replied as she poured her green tea into a mug and began her journey back to her green room, smiling at a few other celebrities backstage at the music festival she was performing at.

"What? And you hid it from me?" He exclaimed as she sighed, setting into her chair.

"It happened rather quickly. I was going to tell you in person, but it seems the media got to it first." She sarcastically replied.

"So it was recent? Not from November of last year or 2 years before that or something, right?" He clarified with her while she made a sound of annoyance.

"You know how out of pocket these headlines go. I mean look at the Rowoon cheating story, poor guy is dragged into this. Good publicity though, 450k upvotes...wow..." she mused in a surprisingly impressed tone at the numbers.

"So how recent is this, development? How did you two even begin talking?" He asked her as she took another sip of her tea.

"That's very complicated, but it's gone on a while now. And we've known each other since our childhood, so it's not a spur of the moment thing." She explained as she swore she could hear his over exaggerated dramatic fall.

"You were childhood friends?" He asked incredulously as she hummed back in an agreeable manner.

"Yeah. We're hometown neighbours." Jennie answered while facing radio silence for a good minute.

"Are you two serious?" He asked as she also took a moment to answer.

"I'd like to think so." Jennie replied as she received a sigh in response.

"What are we going to tell the press?" He groaned as his hands ran down his face.

"What else? That I'm a woman in my twenties who's one of the only few non retired idols after the 7-year contract period. Additionally, I'm free to date and even marry if I felt like it. I mean, I've been doing this for years. And the public response isn't even as bad this time." She answered while he remained silent once again.

"Is this a serious relationship? It's not a fling, right?" He clarified while she immediately denied it.

"It is serious, and it's not a fling, but I don't have guarantees for the future. I like him a lot, and I'd like to be with him, but we never know what will happen. I mean, we got together outside of Korea after all." Jennie explained as she got up to begin getting ready to perform as she bit into a protein bar.

"Okay. That's fine then. We'll talk to Hybe and release a statement confirming it." He replied as Jennie froze.

"Huh? Like for real?" She was surprised. It was not in his nature to do something like that.

"Yeah. It's been long enough, and as you said, public response is somehow positive this time. It doesn't seem like it'll affect your deals, which even if it did, the bigger ones wouldn't dare to cut you because of the several years you've been a part of their brand." He replied as Jennie smiled.

"Oh yeah, talking about that. There's one more thing." She remembered.

"What is it?" Her CEO asked.

"You see, I've been in the industry long and I've reached the max with all these fashion brands. I mean representing their image? I'm called Human Chanel for a reason. And it's come to a point where the index I bring in is the same every month." She started as he silenced once again, not knowing where this was going.

"And so, I really like fashion, but I don't want my identity to be another brand. And I've been here long enough, as you said. Although Chanel and Calvin Klein are big brands, I want to quit as their ambassador and start a fashion brand of my own." She replied as he raised his eyebrows.

"Do you even know how to design?" He questioned, since the career field was quite different from her current one.

"I mean endorsing clothes and making them are very different." He answered as she hummed.

"I'm not looking to do haute. I just want to make a brand that represents me. My own thing. I mean, after being here so long, I want my out of music work to represent me as well. I even thought of a name, and the perfect company to buy out as the base of the brand before revamp." She carefully explained, slightly nervous of his response now.

"AND! ....and, I have several investment based earnings I get. I'll use my personal finances for it." She clarified, not wanting him to think it'd be on a company budget.

"Okay. Go for it." Came his unexpected reply as she stilled.

"Wait, like seriously?" She asked as he just chuckled.

"Yes, Jennie. It seems like a good idea to me. You already have a great position in the fashion world, this will just expand it." Her CEO said as she could hear some papers ruffling in the background.

"We'll take to Chanel and Calvin Klein and discuss how this will go. You'll still keep L'Oréal, Gentle Monster, Rolex and all, right?" He asked as she smiled.

"Yep. Just clothing for now." Jennie squealed as she could hear him laugh in the background.

"Okay okay, I've gotta go. But thank you so much, and I'll see you day after tomorrow!" She exclaimed finally before the call ended and she let out a long sigh.

"I love scandals."

—————————
Chapter 26
——
Acts of Hate
——
JJENINII
—————————