17.

"What! No... Sera you've got to be kidding me. If this is a joke it's not funny anymore." Jennie cried as tears stained Sera's cheeks as well.

"I don't have long, Jen. The doctors said there's nothing they can do." She said as she hugged the girl, resting her head atop Jennie's as the latter cried harder.

"no...you've got to be kidding me. I can't lose you unnie. There has to be something we can do. I'll- I'll convince my mom to take you to England, there's this new cancer treatment there right? Im sure we can do something." Jennie muttered pulling away and grasping her arms, as Sera only let out a defeated smile and held her hand.

"It's too late now, Jen. It's pancreatic, and it's terminal. The doctors said it's hopeless." She explained as Jennie broke down harder.

"How is this possible. Sera we were together last night and everything was fine. How..." she trailed off as the elder grasped her harder in her arms.

"Don't cry Jen...if I only have a few months left, I'd be happiest to spend them with you.. and Tae, and my family. There's no better way for me to go. Let's make the most of the time I have left, okay? I know it's a lot to ask, but I want to do as much as I can and be as happy as I can before I go. I've accepted that there's nothing left, and I want you and I to make as many memories together before then." She explained as she wiped Jennie's tears, which was pointless as they were never ending.

"How long.." Jennie asked as Sera fixed the girls hair in a loving manner.

"4 months." She said sadly as Jennie shook her head, crashing into Sera's arms.

"Does Tae know?" She asked as Sera pursed her lips and nodded.

"I needed to talk to him on how to break it to you. He found out 20 minutes before you got here." She explained as Jennie nodded, and as if summoned the said man walked back in, carrying a guitar, Lotte world tickets and camping gear in tow.

"What in the world is all this?" Sera asked briefly shocked as he smiled at her.

"Get ready. We're starting your bucket list right now."

——————-
"Are you sure you should be doing this?" Taehyung asked as sera nodded, determined to complete her bucket list while Jennie pursed her lips.

"Ser, you're sweating more than normal...." Jennie remarked apprehensively, worried for her health.

"IM FINE!" Sera yelled suddenly as Jennie stepped back slightly.

"Sorry, it's just, I'm fine. Let's not divert....I'm...doing fi..." Sera trailed off as she collapsed while Taehyung caught her arm. She saw Jennie dialling a number on her phone while leaning next to her before the darkness took over.
———————
"Fuck fuck fuck... should I call 911? Oh shit!" Jennie ran around as she gave the girl a towel and her bag of medications, her phone open as well.

"Let me get your mom."  Taehyung stated as he ran up the stairs from the basement as sera crouched on the floor, coughing blood onto the carpet.

"Shit." Jennie said as she gave the girl water and rummaged through the medicine bag for the necessary meds whilst Sera leant against a piece of furniture for support.

"Oh Sera... we need to get to the hospital now." Sera's mom exclaimed with teary eyes as Sera saw Jennie and Taehyung looking scared in the back, and her dad came to lift her off the ground and into the car.

———————
"Hey Sera." Jennie greeted as she walked through the hospital room doors after her trainee practice.

"Jen.." sera smiled weakly as Taehyung turned from the bed to see the familiar figure walking in.

"Any updates?" Jennie asked as Sera nodded.

"One month left."

"fuck. Is there anything you want me to get? I can get you so-" Jennie started but stopped as soon as sera reached out to hold her hand and looked at her.

"Jen, I need you to promise me something." She stated as Jennie immediately sat down, holding her hand back.

"Of course. What is it?" She asked.

"Be there with me on my last moments." She said as Jennie immediately began to tear up.

"Is that anything to ask? Of course I'll be here."

"That's my last wish. I want you all here during my last moments."

"Of course we'll be here Ser. How could we not."

——————

"TAEHYUNG! Fuck Taehyung, don't tell me. Please don't tell me." Jennie pleaded with swollen eyes as the man who stood out the room only glared at her and pushed her away.

"How could you Jennie. How could you. You even rejected my calls, for what? A meeting? She's gone. Sera is gone and you couldn't even fulfill her last wish."  He spit with venom as she collapsed on the group, sobbing her heart out.

"N-No.. she can't...she can't be gone. I didn't..." Jennie cried, unable to form a single sentence as the man only began to walk away from her.

"You're a monster, Jennie."

———————
Chapter 17
——
Acts of hate
——
JJENINII
———————