11.

"Can we at least pretend we're friends? In front of them?" Jennie suddenly asked.

Taehyung turned to look at her, staring straight at her despite his discomfort as he wasn't sure if he heard right.

"What?" He asked, almost venomously.

"I asked if we could pretend to be friends in front of them. The director keeps glancing over and he seems to be stressed." She paused before looking up, only being met with his hard glare as she chose to continue anyways.

"Even the fans keep talking about it. I mean my company tried to take down articles but....word spreads fast." She said, cautiously as he let out a low bitter laugh.

"Pretend to be friends? Wow. You're acting really comfortable now aren't you?" He said, turning to look at her completely as she only looked down.

"I-I didn't mean it like that. Taehyu-"

"Don't call me by my name. No one's listening right now." He cut her off as she pursed her lips before continuing.

"I just wanted to ease the fans. They're on their toes about filming and it's not looking great." She spoke as he looked away a moment in disbelief.

"It's great to see you care more about PR than what you've done. Worked out great for you, huh?" He accused as she turned sharply.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked hurt as he only shrugged.

"You know your priorities, must be the reason you've never had a problem in rising up." He let out, just as bitter as she took in a sharp breath at his accusation.

She knew she had done wrong.

And she knew he hated her.

But accusing her of being insincere to anything but the cameras, that was taking it too far.

It hurt her, more than it should have. She knew that she should have taken what he said with a pinch of salt, but it was hard to.

Jennie knew how to ignore comments under social networks, that was the role of a successful celebrity. But hearing it from someone personally, some who was present as she worked towards here dream... that, that was what hurt her.

"That's not true. That's not true...and you know it." She spoke, hurt laced in her voice as he looked back to see her teary eyes.

For a moment he faltered. Wondered if it went too far, but the memories of that time came crashing back as he looked right back.

"Do I? It seems like I never even knew you. At one point we were friends, and then, we became strangers, or maybe we always were strangers." He let out harshly as she tried her hardest to not break down in tears.

"Is this how little you think of me?"

"I try not to think of you at all."

"Okay you guys, let's get on with filming!" The director yelled happily, oblivious to the event that just occurred as the two solemnly nodded, Jennie doing her best to hide away her pained state.

"And, action!"

"Has she called for you again?" Taehyung asked, immediately seeping into character as Jennie did the same.

"Hm, some sort of promotional event for Samsung. My flight back is next weekend." She answered in response as he hummed back.

"And when's your next ballet performance?" He asked as she pointed at her schedule as they neared the exit of the campus, the cameras panning closer to catch a close up scene between the two.

"Next month. I gotta go now. See you." She spoke as she grabbed her iPad and turned to walk but was stopped short as he went to take a hold of her arm, reeling her back to her spot as she turned to look at him.

Their eyes met as Jennie tended slightly, but Taehyung kept his facade straight.

"Take care of yourself." He said as he let go of her to walk back in.

Although it was made to look romantic on camera, Jennie's reaction to be flustered on camera, in real life, the bittersweet moment wasn't picked up on by those around.

The timing seemed almost sarcastic as Jennie felt herself holding her emotions back once again as she turned to the director.

"Wah, you two are the best of the best for a reason. We got it in one take. You can go now, we'll have Hyejin come in for her scene now." He exclaimed happily as Jennie only gave a polite bow before turning to walk to her own trailer.

She got stopped a couple of times in her path by a few staff handing out material or letting her know about new updates, and by the time she reached her trailer she saw Taehyung there as well.

The only other cast member amidst the empty trailer lot.

"It seems as if luck is not on my side.." she spoke softly as he turned to look at her.

"Don't act so obvious in front of the staff. It isn't doing any of us a favour." He suddenly said, being the one to initiate the conversation this time.

"What?" She asked, coming off a lot harsher than she intended to.

Hearing no response she turned to see him already staring at her.

"I'm sorry I can't be as impassive as you are." She said, finally letting her emotions take hold of what she's saying.

"I'm pretty sure the impassive one of us is you."

"Haven't you had enough, Taehyung? Why do keep doing this. You never give up do you? I know. I know you hate me, and I'm reminded of it every time I see you. Can't you stop with this though?" She suddenly said as she came closer, in a defeated tone.

"Give up? I'm not harassing you. I'm just reminding you of what you did, since it seems like you never cared. It must be nice, to never have to think about it and live happily like you do." He spoke right back, letting out his rage on the girl who just stared right back, wavering as she held his stare.

"It must be nice to not care."

——————
Acts of Hate

Chapter 11

JJENINII
—————-