4.

Jennie walked through the doors, a bright smile hiding her exhausted state, as she greeted the group.

"Hey everyone! I'm Jennie, or well, your Aria." She laughed and bowed a little as she walked in, everyone immediately turning to greet her as well.

She was immediately flanked by the director, who had gushed over about how thankful he was for her to have accepted, as she immediately worked at humbling her acceptance.

Just as he backed off, she finally got a chance to properly scan the room, and froze as her eyes landed on Taehyung, who was already looking at her with an emotionless expression.

Her thoughts grew scrambled.

She didn't know what to think, how to look away, how to breathe.

What was he doing here?

Did he know?

Why did he accept her joining?

He hates me.

But she was a professional, nonetheless. She was able to put on a facade as she broke eye contact, yet she knew that he could've easily seen past it if he tried.

Her shaking hands, inconsistent breaths and her smile not quite reaching her eyes.

She was nervous.

Yet she still greeted everyone one by one, what was expected of her.

As she looked towards Taehyung, she know noticed the female next to him.

Hyejin. Who wouldn't. She was Korea's sweetheart after all. A famed actress, a rom com novelty. And when she saw how close they were sitting, she immediately knew, he moved on.

Of course he did. She was glad he did, right? She probably deserved his hatred for what she had done.

And she couldn't lie that looking at them side by side, they looked perfect together.

Not messy, clean. No dislike, just like.

It was right. It wasn't wrong, it was right.

Then why couldn't she help the bitterness clutching right at her.

Despite that, she slipped on a smile as she greeted the pair.

"It's great to be working with you, Sunbaenims."

Although it seemed perfectly normal to everyone else, the two individuals who couldn't keep their eyes off of each other felt nauseous at the change.

How unfamiliar the title was. How foreign they'd gotten. It wasn't natural, the way they behaved. So distant and so cold.

Despite that, he was also a professional as he smiled, ever so slightly and looked her right in the eyes.

"It's a pleasure to work with you, Jennie-nim."

And just like that, they managed to have their first exchange in 7 years.

Only, it was filled to the rim with animosity.

Hyejin, not noticing the cold atmosphere had replied as she would, with her bubbly personality.

"Don't be so formal with me. I can call you Jennie right? You're the same age as me after all. Wow, I can't believe I'm working with the princess of Korea right now." She smiled as she got up to hug the girl, as Jennie only awkwardly smiled.

Normally she would've embraced such actions, but it just didn't feel right having his girl hug her.

It felt a lot like.... Jealousy.

Despite the fact that she knew she wasn't entitled to that emotion.

So pushing her feelings aside, she hugged the girl back.

"Jennie! We have to get to the company for the final checks!" A staff member interrupted as he opened the door, and she let go to turn back and nod.

"Thank you all for coming, truly. I can't wait to get started with the project." She smiled as she bowed again, knowing she was the rookie actress of the group.

Her experience could never accumulate to the years of acting these people had gone through.

"My god, this was great for us. Literally. We avoided a lot of chaos for free tickets." One of the male actors, Yohan, cut in with a light hearted laugh.

"Oh please, that's flattering. Anyways, I'll see you all at the press conference in 4 days. Thank you." She laughed as she headed towards the door, noticing her frantic staff.

"Congrats on your tour!" Director Song yelled out, never getting over his success of casting Jennie, and smiling brightly as he waved her goodbye, as the rest of the cast prepared to leave themselves.

"Thank you!" She yelled finally as she smiled closing the door, walking out as her staff guided her towards her van.

Her smile slipped as soon as she walked out, unable to contain the bitter sigh that escaped her lips.

It was too late to back out now. The contracts were signed and the press release was ready to be issued.

How did she not expect it. Maybe she should have asked who was part of the cast before signing.

He was the most popular male actor right now. Of course he was casted, why wouldn't he be?

He belonged there, not her.

It was his place, not hers.

But she strove to shut those thoughts out, as she looked out the window at the Seoul skyline.

For dad.

——————
Chapter 4

Acts of hate
-
JJENINII
—————-