5.

"She must be here then." Hyejin commented as she munched on her protein bar, sitting in the green room as her hairstylist fussed over stray hairs.

"Who else could it be? Unless the footballer Son walked in here, I doubt anyone else could start a riot out of nowhere." Suho. another co-star commented with humour.

None of them were lying though. Within seconds, their somewhat chaotic environment had turned into a madhouse with the intense screaming and die hard attention the swarm of fans were showing for the latest arrival, Jennie.

They were in the green rooms upstairs, waiting for the press conference downstairs to commence.

Rather than waiting for Jennie upstairs, they'd all just collectively decided it was time either ways and made their way downstairs to the small stage set in front of numerous desks and seats representing various media outlets.

Taehyung made a last minute fix to his Louis Vuitton three piece before walking behind the director, as he descended the stairwell and spotted Jennie entering the venue as well, waving off fan's taking last minute gifts which were handed to the staff around her.

At the sight of Taehyung, it seemed as if the fans cheers had doubled, which would've seemed impossible if it had not happened right there.

Jennie smiled as she spotted the rest of the crew, trying desperately to avoid showing how her skin crawled and her hand twitched as her eyes gazed over Taehyung's prescience.

Of course he had to look good despite everything.

She swallowed a lump in her throat as subtly as possible, before making her way over as the train of her white Chanel 2006 couture gown trailed behind her.

It was a contrast from her usual press conference outfits, but she truly had to play into her k drama actress role, both on and off screen.

She truly did smile however, when her eyes met Rowoons, a long term friend of hers from when he used to be under YG actors.

Of course the general public hadn't known that though.

She reached the stairs of the stage around the same time as the staff, and fisted a portion of the front of her dress as she began to walk up, struggling at the first step itself due to her heels.

Rowoon, seeing this lent her his arm as he helped her walk, which she graciously accepted as a platonic gesture, somehow forgetting how the fans would've reacted to the ordeal as she let go at the top once the realisation dawned on her.

Taehyung had seen the interaction follow through, his jaw involuntarily tensing at the sight of them.

He hadn't seen the two interact ever, and somehow, at their first press conference, she seemed friendly enough to let a look of relief wash over her the minute she spotted him.

He pushed that aside, walking up the stairs and feeling himself tense further as he made his way to stand at his spot, right next to Jennie.

It irked them.

Having to stand so close to each other. Having to breathe the same air as each other. Having to be in the same space.

They obviously couldn't show visible discomfort, and it was clear they didn't with the amount of reporters commenting on how well they looked as a pair.

The director himself couldn't notice, as he was all smiles, sitting next to Jennie as they posed for the cameras before taking a seat.

Jennie's breath hitched as her hand brushed against Taehyung's, as the touch was searing, and she couldn't help but flinch and pull her arm away.

Mentally cursing, she hoped her slim smile would have covered it up for the media.

Oblivious to her, Taehyung felt himself counting down the minutes left for them to leave.

He couldn't even bring himself to properly face her.

The pair wouldn't even exchange pleasantries in a similar fashion to the rest of the cast.

Jennie felt herself almost automatically glancing at Hyejin, who was sitting next to Taehyung as well.

She instead decided to turn and talk to Rowoon beside her, as the two were well acquainted for years and had met outside of work numerous times due to them accompanying their mutual friends, Nam Joo Hyuk and Lee Sung Kyung, who were dating at the time.

"Well, never thought I'd see the day where you would be up on YG actors. Jisoo and I almost died of shock when we saw your profile pictures being updated." He laughed, mentioning another co worker of there's and a long term friend of Jennie's.

The latter only chuckled in response as she habitually adjusted her hair, grabbing a water bottle right after.

"Ah well, time passed by quickly. That was almost a year ago now, around when 'the idol' was first released." She reminisced as she concurrently struggled to open a water bottle due to her acrylic nail extensions.

"Yeah. You really joined the K-Avengers before joining Korean productions. You're something else really..." he shook his head before taking the water bottle and opening it for her, an action that was unnoticed by them but very noticed by everyone around them.

Jennie didn't miss his joke regarding the nickname Korean actors were given as they joined Hollywood productions, and she only smiled appreciatively as she took the water back.

"Ah well, coincidentally I just signed my next Hollywood role in Marvel for Luna Snow today morning." She revealed as she took a sip of her water as he only widened his eyes at her.

"Wait really? Marvel?" He repeated as she smiled and nodded, as he had his jaw dropped and gave her a light shove on the shoulder.

"Yah Jennie good for you! Really! That's incredible really!" He laughed in disbelief as he couldn't get over his initial shock and happiness at the news, while Jennie's smile only grew.

"Thank you. You're one of the first people I told. Literally." She smiled as she attempted to take another sip of water.

"Jennie."