10.

"Taehyung-ssi. Are you ready to start filming?" One of the crew members asked as the said man looked up from his phone.

"Oh, yeah sorry. I'm coming." He said before sending the last text to Jimin, another well known celebrity, and shutting his phone off.

He stood up and stepped out of his theatre into the chilly air of New York City, entering the campus of NYU where they had taken special permission to film.

The majority of the cast and staff had flown to New York for the drama, which was why it was such a demanding project.

The scale was large, as they had taken special permissions for filming months in advance and signed numerous contracts to do so.

He looked down at his script one last time, the title "Where Love lasts" splayed at the top of every page.

Then, he slowed when he saw her.

She was filming the scene right before with Soojin before the director yelled cut and the team ran over to her.

The last time he'd seen her was in that corridor before their conversation had gone down.

And now, he would be acting with her.

For the first time.

"Taehyung! Come here!" The director yelled as he shook himself out of it and walked over, the makeup team making last minute additions.

He looked over and caught Jennie's glance towards him, before she turned away immediately.

Clearing his throat, he smiled at the director politely and walked over to his spot, waiting for the crew to signal.

"Okay, let's rehearse the scene once!" The director yelled as the two nodded, Jennie re-wearing her coat as she took her script from a nearby staff.

"Okay start!" He yelled as they observed the scene.

Taehyung walked towards Jennie, who was standing in her spot towards the railing and looking through her notes, as he threw an arm around her shoulder.

Although it looked natural to anyone else, the smaller details would only be noticed by the two.

The way she tended under his touch, and the way his hand stilled as he took sharp breaths at the proximity.

He took his hand off since it was rehearsal and pretended to take his script, as Jennie began with her lines.

"Yah, don't startle me like that!" She said before pretending to elbow him, avoiding contact as it was rehearsal.

"Jennie turn yourself to him a little more when rehearsing the scene." The producer instructed as she nodded, re-angling herself and proceeding to repeat her line.

"Maybe don't drown yourself in your thoughts like that. Where are you going?" He asked the girl who looked towards the script and continued the scene.

"Guys, act a little more comfortable. Stand closer and...Taehyung, try leaning on the railing." The director motioned as they did so, both faltering and trying their hardest to show that they were unaffected.

"Okay, I think that looks fine. Let's do the entire scene now, from the top." The director said as the two practically jumped from each other and got camera ready for the scene.

Aria stood by the railing, as she took her iPad out and bit her lip, looking at the most recent message she received before being shook out of her wits by a hand throwing itself around her shoulder.

She instantly recognised who it was as she elbowed the lad, who gave a cheeky grin in response and mocked hurt at the impact of her elbow against his stomach.

"Yah, don't startle me like that!" She  exclaimed as Jinho only shrugged in response, casually leaning against the railing.

"Maybe don't drown yourself in your thoughts like that. Where are you going?" He asked motioning towards her bag, and answering his own question once he saw the logo.

"You're going to rehearsal?" He asked as she nodded, motioning towards the schedule on her iPad.

"The American Ballet Theatre never sleeps. Thankfully neither does New York." She mused as he took the iPad from her.

"When do you even sleep, between this and college." He frowned looking at the schedule.

"Whenever you don't come along annoying me. Or whenever mom doesn't breathe down my neck." She joked, a little more serious towards the end.

"Has she called you for something again?" He asked, closing the iPad and handing it to her, as the two began to walk to the exit.

"And cut!"

They two moved away and turned to the director.

"Take a minute, we'll prep the cameras for the walking scene. Can we practice that?"

The next 10 minutes went by with Jennie walking ahead of Taehyung and him experimenting different approaches to taking a hold of her arm in order to stop her, each time resulting in a new reaction, seemingly never getting used to each other.

"Okay, that's good. Let's try from the walking!" The director yelled as the two began to walk over to the start point of the scene.

It turned out they had to wait longer than expected, due to technical difficulties.

The pair stood in the bitter cold air of New York wearing their coats as they waited to resume filming.

However, they stood at an odd distance for a pair meant to be close, not even glancing or making small talk, as it would have been expected of two co-stars, or even acquaintances to behave.

In the midst of the silence, all that hung in the air around them was tension.

Seeping tension.

No matter how they concealed it earlier, all their efforts were in vain as the silence left them with nothing to fake busy with, as it was clear as day the pair were still not on conversational terms.

Not even close.

Noticing this, Jennie rolled back and forth on her heels a moment, evidently displaying her nervousness before turning to face him abruptly.

"Can we at least pretend we're friends? In front of them?" Jennie suddenly asked.

—————-
Acts of Hate

Chapter 10
—JJENINII
————-