Chapter9

the following morning Pallavi woke up to the sound of her buzzing phone,when she looked around she observed that she was still in godown and raghav still sleeping on her lap,she looked at him in very fond way, it's been almost three years, one year of marriage and two years of separation. In their short period of marriage they were each others strength,they always wanted each other to succeed.she could always count on him, Thinking of old days she stroked her fingers in his hair and slowly leaned towards his forehead and kissed him. Raghav stirred in his sleep, she almost thought she got caught but thankfully he was still asleep.

Her phone buzzed again, she pulled out phone from the next table ,looked at familiar krishnas number and took the call.

Her face had gone pale when she answered the call,ritu was not keeping well and sunny has not turned up yet.even though Krishan conveyed it is mild fever,she very well aware, how delicate ritu's health is.it would be better if she take care of her health at beginning rather than suffering at the end.

Slowly keeping his head on the couch,she came out of the godown,then walked quickly to the parking lot as she made her way to krishna's home to pick ritu.

Pallavi took a day off to take care of rithu. Ritus temperature gone down as she slept in her room. Pallavi made her way out of the room when she heard,loud noises from the next room.

When she enterd sunnys room,she saw documents scatrered all over the room,sunny furiously looking in walldrobe for something. When he turned around saw pallavi he looked so sad, pallavi stepped towards him and checked what is the problem

Two years back he had taken five lakhs loan for ritu's hospitalization and he had returned the money to the lender. Six months back leander had died and his son took over the business,but in their book it's not written about his returned money.now his son expecting him to pay back entire money with interest. He is just looking for those documents from last three hours but to no avail.

Sunny and pallavi had gone through most of the house for two more hours but couldn't get anything.At the end sunny asked her to leave the room and closed the door behind.

It's is been one hour he has not opened the door,when she looked through window she saw him holding knife to hurt himself.

she shouted at him "Sunny, I am not here to get to you but help you please open the door"

"Eventhough I am trying to change myself ,my past doing never ending. one way or other,the haunting past find a way to come back. I am not drowning in this pit hole alone,I am taking you and ritu along with me and I can not take it any longer "he told her from behind the door.

Wiping her tears she shouted at him "you want to die right ,go ahead, one more to the growing list of people leaving behind me.do you really know how hard it is to live knowing you could have saved the person or your relation,if you would have put a more effort to it.do you really understand how hard past years for me.how could you expect, I could take one more blow in this life. I am already broken sunny do not do this to me and ritu. I beg you. Please come out".she slumped on a sofa keeping her head back of the couch.

She heard door opening,but she does not have enough energy to look at, sunny slowly made his way to the couch and kneel down to the ground,looking up her at the couch as he said "I am sorry,I was not able to take it any further,I was so lost in my burden,I thought I am doing help to you and rithu by harming myself"

She looked at him pointing to his chain around his neck, and said "pictures in your locket,kirthi, you and ritu's. It's remind you to not take these kind of steps at any point of time and as far as me,why do I tie that rakhi(siblings custom)to you every year,just not to say you are my brother-in-law,to tell you I do not have anyone other than you and ritu in my life. Never ever do this to me",she cried saying this to sunny.