chapter-50

Raghav turned the person in front of him, his heart racing as he faced Pallavi. He pulled her close, resting his head against her neck, overwhelmed with emotion. Tears streamed down his face—he couldn't believe she was real. Stepping back, he searched her features, desperate to confirm she hadn't vanished into thin air. He wanted to memorize every detail, afraid she would slip away again.

This wasn't how he imagined their encounter. He had planned to keep his distance, just to observe her from afar. But seeing her shattered his resolve, instinct taking over.

Once he gathered his thoughts, he wiped his tears and managed a small smile. "I'm sorry. I don't know what just happened. How are you? I promise, I'm not here to disrupt your life or force you to come back. I just want you to know I mean no harm."

Pallavi looked at him skeptically. "I believe you," she said, but her voice held a challenge.

raghav sighed in defeat and took a few steps back and said " you know i do not want to start any fight or anything, i am happy i met you. i just want to make sure you are living safe life that is it"

Pallavi stepped forward, her frustration boiling over as she pressed her fingers into his chest. "You need to understand," she said fiercely, "I'm not some fragile thing that needs protecting. i am more of orphan, i lived a life before you came into life. i lead a life after you divorced me and i have been managing my life very well from past few months"

As she turned to walk away, Raghav instinctively pulled her back.Raghav felt the heat of her words, but he held his ground, searching her eyes for any sign of the connection they once shared. "I just want to make sure you're okay," he replied, his voice steady yet pleading.

"You don't get it!" she shot back, her voice shaking. "do not make me uproot again. i did it last time and i do not mind doing it again."

 He could see the determination in her stance, but it only made him more resolute "Don't say you'll uproot your life! I can't bear the thought of losing you again." His voice raised, raw and desperate, making her flinch.

"Let go of me!" she exclaimed, trying to break free. Frustration flickered in her eyes, and she met his gaze with a storm of her own. "What do you expect? You want me to live with your so-called security hovering over me forever?"

Realizing he was about to suggest he'd hire bodyguards for her, Raghav pushed that thought aside. He gently brushed a strand of hair from her face, cupping her chin to meet his gaze. "Can't you see? I just want you to be safe. I'd go insane if I didn't know you were alright."

Tears filled her eyes, and she spoke through the pain. "It's always about you—your feelings, your struggles. What about me? Don't I have the right to live my own life?"

Silence hung between them, heavy with unspoken words and unresolved feelings. Raghav could feel the misunderstanding widening, yet he couldn't bring himself to let go.

"I know," he said quietly, a hint of desperation in his voice. "I just... I just want to make sure you're safe."

She looked at him, torn between anger and something deeper. "Safety isn't everything. You have to let me choose my own path."

Raghav nodded, feeling the weight of her words. "Then let me be part of that choice, even from a distance."

Pallavi stood there, uncertain. "What do you suggest? I don't want your people hovering over me."

Raghav thought for a moment, then replied, "How about this: I'll check out your neighborhood and workplace to ensure they're safe. You'll message me once a week to let me know you're okay. If I don't hear from you, I'll be back before you even realize it."

Reluctantly, she agreed to it. Pallavi asked him to wait for her in the corridor after her shift.

Later that night, Raghav waited in the lobby, his heart racing as he spotted her approaching. Guilt washed over him for losing her once again, but a newfound determination surged within him. He was resolved to win her back, no matter what it took.

As Pallavi walked past him, she acknowledged his presence with a nod, then led the way outside. He followed closely as she made her way to her vehicle. She hopped on her bike and instructed him to follow her in his car.

Thinking quickly, Raghav slipped the car key into the back of his trousers. "My car's in the shop for repair" he said. "I thought you'd want to ride together."

She raised an eyebrow. "I hope you're not lying." With a spare helmet in hand, she handed it to him and motioned for him to hop on.

Raghav grinned as he climbed onto the bike, feeling a bit oversized but not wanting to risk her wrath by saying anything. As they navigated the roads, he wrapped his arms around her waist.

Pallavi pushed his arms away, making him flinch. He raised his hands in surrender, pretending to be in pain. "These roads are bumpy! I just didn't want to fall," he protested, wrapping his arms around her again. When she didn't push him off this time, a smug smile returned to his face. He just needed a solid plan to win her back.

Pallavi parked in front of a small house and headed to the door, leaving Raghav to jog after her. Inside, the cozy two-bedroom space reflected Pallavi's warmth. As she locked her bedroom door, Raghav took the opportunity to explore, checking every corner to ensure her home was safe. Satisfied, he settled comfortably on the sofa.

When Pallavi emerged from the kitchen, freshly showered and in new clothes, she busied herself making dinner, ignoring Raghav's brooding presence. She prepared two cups of coffee and handed one to him. "I hope you've checked everything. If you're satisfied, you can leave."

Raghav wanted to argue, to stay longer, but before he could, there was a knock at the door. Thinking it might buy him some time to formulate a plan, he rushed to answer it, only to be greeted by a small crowd.

Pallavi facepalmed as she realized what he had done. With an apologetic smile, she invited everyone in. It turned out to be the Ganesha festival, celebrated for ten days in their town. They had come to officially invite her, and Raghav's presence hadn't gone unnoticed.

An elder in the group, her landlord, stepped forward and handed Raghav an invitation. "We were worried when we hadn't seen you for three months. We thought something had gone wrong in your relationship, which is why Pallavi in our town. I usually don't rent to single tenants, but when Pallavi showed me your wedding photos, I was relieved. Seeing you in person has cleared up all my concerns. We really hope you'll join us for the entire festival! There will be cricket and other competitions, and we'd love for you to participate."

At first taken aback, Raghav quickly came up with a clever plan. Grinning, he accepted the invitation. "I'd love to join the festival! I've taken an extended leave to spend time with Pallavi, so count me in for every event!"

Pallavi gave him a surprised look, but a hint of amusement started to creep into Raghav's expression. He was resolute about being part of her life, and this festival seemed like the perfect chance to show her just how committed he was.

4o mini