The Royals' Birthday Party

It was evening, sun setting down, pigeons flied off to the houses' rooftops, darkness spreading all over. Random was looking simply gorgeous. It was decorated with lights and love shaped red balloons. Fireflies were flying over. Actually these fireflies were secret mini cameras, the king arranged it for special security. The city was looking empty, as all the citizens were already at the party. They were welcomed  with rose sweets and rose flavoured ice cream, as Rymania was a crazy lover of roses. There was nobody visible in the city, except Hilsa and her little brother, Robin. He was sitting on the rooftop with a dull face. He badly wanted to attend the party. The shadow of the garden's giant wood apple tree was coming over him, the shadow of the branches were dancing on the rooftop. He was continuously looking at the palace, people going inside and cheering up. He could hear the sound from here. One of his friends saw him sitting on the rooftop, through his binocular, he waved at Robin, but he didn't wave back, just looked at him, and ignored. Hilsa stepped up through the stairs, looking for Robin. She saw Robin sitting alone with a dull face, she slowly walked towards him, trying not to make any sound. He didn't see his sister coming, as his eyes were stuck at his friend at the palace. Hilsa looked at him, still his eyes were on the palace, she followed his gesture, found his friend waving at him. "Won't you wave back?" She asked. He gazed at his sister once, then again at the palace.
- "Not it a mood." He replied.
- "Are you upset?" She was looking for his eyes.
- "Not at all." He replied. But Hilsa knew it was a dang lie. He always pretended to be so careless when he was upset. There was a silence.
- "I'm sorry." She softly said.
- "You needn't to be sorry. I understand."
- "Really?" She tried to be dramatic.
- "Hmm" There was a silence.
- "How's it now?" He ended up asking. Hilsa looked surprised, as he was asking about its wellness  when he was mad. When did this kiddo grow up?
- "It's recovering. Its wings are hurt. I'll take it to ornithologist Ritohuiwa tomorrow."
- "You'll go to the mountain area?" He asked.
- "I'll have to. If I really want that ornithologist. I've heard he's underrated, but his treatment is really great. I think I should meet him. Though he avoids meeting people."
A disappointment was seen in her face saying the last sentence.
- "I'll accompany you."
- "No way! You're not going to. He hates meeting people. I don't even know he'll meet me or not. And there's no chance of you coming with me and create a mess." She clearly denied.
Robin didn't insist, as his sister really had a point.
- "But the owl is weirdly  injured. Isn't that? I wonder how it entered Random. I mean it must be from outside world, and as far as I know there's no owl in Random, except the king's one." He said, suspicious about the incident.

- "You're right. I also felt it fishy. But we'll have to hide this from the citizens. I don't know how'll they react. The owl mightn't be safe coming out. And it wouldn't be good if we would've left it and attended the party." There was a silence. Robin pointed his binocular, saw his friend having cupcakes with extra cream, somehow he knew Robin was watching him, so he pretended the cupcakes were more tasty than they actually were, chewing every bite with full taste, to make Robin jealous. Unwillingly Robin was watering, he took off the binocular in frustration. His face looked duller now.
- "I'm hungry." He disappointingly  said.
Before Hilsa could say anything, Robin' eyes caught  that flying Santa vehicle coming out from the palace, excitedly he raised his binocular again, zeroed it on the royals' garden, where all the citizens were enjoying, and his friend was having cupcakes like an idiot. He literally finished three cupcakes, and going on with the fourth one , just to make Robin jealous. Robin focused on the Santa vehicle, a giant red teddy bear was being shifted on the vehicle, he literally couldn't stop smiling seeing his name on the bear. He always wanted to sleep in a soft giant bear. He was dying laughing inside, seeing his friend dumbly  staring at the name palate on the bear, he had put the whole cupcake in his mouth, seeing the name he stopped chewing, and the cake was continuously falling down from his mouth, his brain was totally shaken, he literally looked like a dummy. The vehicle stepped out of the palace, Robin saw it moving towards their house, he literally jumped up. "It's coming." He shouted in happiness, and ran towards downstairs.
- "Slowly please." Hilsa ended up saying. But he was already gone, Hilsa's words couldn't even reach him properly.
The guests were being treated in the palace's garden, with sweets, ice cream, cupcakes, donuts, juice, wine etc. The dishes were especially made by the royal chefs. So it had to be damn tasty. The gate was decorated with balloons and lights. The trees in the garden were decorated with blue and white lights. Like  outside there were firefly cameras as well, which were capturing every moment of it. The fountain in the centre looked gorgeous, the lights' reflection was seen in the water, and gold fishes were running over it. A man in the palace seemed to be in hurry, running towards king's room. Reaching there, a guard outside the room stopped him. It was the same guy who was seen in the cursed jungle, at the bungalow, with an owl.
-"Sorry, Mr. Raison. You can't go in. King is getting ready for the party." Warned the guard, looking on the floor, it was clear the man had a respectable place in the palace, so that the guard didn’t  dare to eye contact saying it.
- "But it's urgent." He justified.
- "I really can't help you." He said, his eyes were still on the floor. The man took a deep breath of hesitation, then moved to leave. Another guard came out from the king's room.
- "King is calling you in, sir." He said, Mr. Raison stopped. Without wasting more time he rushed in, the guard accompanied the other guard outside, letting Mr. Raison go inside. Entering the room, he saw king standing facing his back. His face wasn't seen.
- "Vallin...." He softly called. Vallin turned back.
- "Why the owl was killed off?" He asked. "I told you just to keep an eye on that boy, Leo. So that we can figure out his plan. Who the hell gave you the permission to kill that owl?!" he looked frustrated saying the last sentence.