Chapter 2

Thank God We Pulled Up Into The Hospital Parking Lot Safe And Sound. I Had To Give Roman His Props; My Little Brother Was Driving Like A Pro. I Was So Proud!

"Mommy Where We At?" Kaidence Asked, Rubbing Her Sleepy Eyes.

"We're At The Hospital Baby. It's Almost Time To Meet Your Little Sister." I Said. Her Eyes Lit Up As She Clapped And Cheered. I Got Her Out Of The Car, As Daniel Grabbed The Bags. We Walked In And The Doctors Quickly Omitted Me. Here We Go Again.

[3 HOURS INTO LABOR]

It Was 2am And I Was Really Exhausted. Kaidence Was Fast Asleep On The Couch With Her Uncle Daniel, While I Took On The Contraction Pains. Roman Was Still Trying To Get To Me, But I Guess He'd Have To Wait Until 5am. Hopefully Serenity Didn't Come Before Then, Which She Probably Won't Because I Was Only Four Centimeters Dilated. I Was Texting Roman, Trying To Calm Him Down, But He Was Highly Pissed. I Assured Him That Our Baby Isn't Coming Anytime Soon So He Could Just Finish Out His Shift, But He Wasn't Tryna Hear That. I Giggled. My Poor Husband. What Am I Going To Do With Him? Who Knows. I Closed My Eyes And Fell Asleep.

[FEW HOURS LATER]

I Had Waken Up To More Contractions, Only This Time They Were Severe. I Called My Nurses In Here And Begged Them For An Epidural. They Checked Me Again And I Was More Than Ready To Get It. My Contractions Eased Up As I Glanced At The Time. It Was Now 5:30am. Where The Hell Was Roman? I Called Him And He Didn't Answer. What The Hell! I'm In Labor And This Man Is Really Not Going To Answer? I Then Texted Him And Waited On A Reply. Never Got One. Maybe His Phone Died. Umm No! He Always Keeps His Phone Charged. I Was Getting Really Scared And Irritated. I Didn't Want Roman Missing The Birth Of Our Second Child. I Called Him Again, And No Answer. Wow! My Eyes Filled With Tears. Something Bad Might Have Happened To Him. Maybe He Was In A Wreck Getting Here. I Hope Not. I Began Crying.

"What's Wrong Sis?" Daniel Asked. He Stretched Out And Sat On The Edge Of The Bed.

"Roman Hasn't Made It. Plus He's Not Answering His Phone! I'm So Worried." I Said. I Began Crying Harder.

"Calm Down. Ima Call Him. Just Take A Few Deep Breaths And Relax." He Said. He Handed Me Some Tissue And Stepped Out. I Did A Silent Prayer That Roman Was Ok, And It Didn't Make Me Feel Any Better. I Glanced At Kaidence Who Was Still Asleep On The Couch. I Began Crying Again.

"He's Okay. He Is." I Said To Myself. I Felt An Unpleasant Pressure In Between My Thighs And Called The Nurse. She Hurried In There To Check On Me.

"Mrs. Smith You Are 10 Centimeters Dilated. Its Time To Push." She Said. Oh Shit!