Chapter 6

ONE MONTH LATER...

I Hated When My Husband Had To Go To Work At Night. Especially When We Had TWO Sick Babies Who Needed Both Parents. My Girls Were Really Sick And Both Of Them Had Light Fevers. Roman Said If Their Fevers Get Any Worse To Take Them To The E.R., But He Didn't Have To Tell Me At All. I Already Knew The Deal. After Fighting With Both Babies, They Finally Fell Asleep And I Could Take A Break. Thank God Roman Cleaned Up Before He Went To Work, Or I'd Be One Tired Mama! I Took A Shower, And Went To The Kitchen To Eat. Damn It! I Had Been So Wrapped Up With The Girls That I Never Went Grocery Shopping. I'll Add That To My To Do List For Tomorrow. I Laid Out On The Couch And Relaxed; But That Didn't Last Long When I Heard Both My Girls Crying. I Hopped Up And Ran To Serenity First. She Was Burning Up! I Then Ran To Kaidence Who Was At The Top Of The Stairs. She Was Burning Up Too! Hospital It Is. I Grabbed Kaidence's House Shoes And Slid Them On, Along With Her Sweater. I Then Grabbed Serenity And Put Her In Her Car Seat And Covered Her Up. I Grabbed Both The Girls Bags, My Keys, And My Purse. It Was A Struggle, But I Headed Out The Door.

The Air Was Cool And I Was Quickly Rushing To Put The Kids In The Car. Kaidence Cried Her Eyes Out, As I Buckled Her In Her Car Seat. I Handed Her A Cup Of Juice And That Preoccupied Her For A Bit. I Then Walked To The Other Side To Put Serenity Into The Car When I An Unmarked Black Car Pulled Into My Driveway. Who The Hell Was This? A Tall, Dark Skinned Man Got Out And Approached Me As I Slowly Shut The Door.

"A Little Late To Be Having The Little Ones Out Isn't It?" He Said.

"Umm...Can I Help You?" I Asked.

"I'm Looking For Roman." He Said.

"He's Not Here." I Said.

"I See. Are You His Wife?" He Asked. I Nodded. He Glanced At My Two Crying Babies.

"Those Must Be His Kids." He Said. Damn What Is This? A Guessing Game? I Sighed Irritably And Nodded.

"Such A Cute Family." He Said. Okay, It Was Time To Cut This Conversation Short.

"Look, I Got Two Sick Babies Here And I Need To Get Them To The Hospital. Roman Isn't Here So You Need To Leave!" I Snapped. He Nodded.

"We'll Meet Again." He Said Walking.Off.

"I Hope Not." I Said. I Hopped In The Car And Waited Until The Car Was Out Of Sight. That Was The Weirdest Visit Ever And I Had To Tell Roman.

"Hey Baby. How Are The Girls?" He Asked.

"Not Good. I'm Taking Them To The Hospital Now." I Said. I Hope He Could Hear Me Through The Girls Loud Crying.

"That's Probably Best." He Said.

"Yeah, But Somebody Came By Looking For You." I Said.

"Who?" He Asked.

"I Didn't Get A Name, But He Was Tall And Dark Skinned." I Said.

"Was He Bald Headed With A Black Car?" He Asked.

"Yeah." I Said.

"How The Fuck Did He Find Out Where We Live?" He Asked. My Heart Dropped.

"That's The Man Trying To Kill You?" I Asked.

"Yeah! Did He See The Girls?" He Asked. I Swallowed Hard.

"Yes." I Said.

"Shit! No! This Can't Be Happening." He Said.

"What? What's Wrong?" I Asked.

"Don't Go Back To The House! I Gotta.....I'll Call You Back." He Said. He Hung Up And Left Me Sitting On The Phone. Whatever Was Going On, Roman Better Handle It And Quick, Or I Will. I Had To Keep My Family Safe For The Sake Of My Girls And My Little Brother.