Chapter 30

[ROMAN'S P.O.V.]

2 Weeks Later...

Like I Said.....I Knew My Wife Was Pregnant. We Went To Her Doctor's Appointment And She's About 8 Weeks Along. Kaidence Couldn't Be More Excited, But Serenity Was Acting Strange. She Cries A Lot Now And Doesn't Want Anybody But Bianca.

We Had Just Got Home And I Decided To Play Basketball With Daniel And My Boys. We Were Shooting And Having A Good Time Until Nathan Started Getting Mad That He Couldn't Shoot The Ball.

"I Quit!" He Screamed. I Scooped Him Up On To My Shoulders And Ran Up To The Goal.

"Shoot." I Said. He Shot It And Got Excited. I Sat Him Down.

"Y'all Finish Playing, I'll Be Right Back." I Said. I Went Into The House And Looked For Bianca.

I Walked Into The Bedroom And Saw My Three Girls Asleep In Our Bed. I Quietly Closed The Door And Went Back Downstairs. I Grabbed My Keys And Told The Boys To Get In The Car. We Headed Over To The Hospital To See Their Mom. She Was Doing Better And Coming Home This Week.

"Hey Guys!" She Said. The Boys Ran And Hugged Her.

"You Boys Having Fun With Your Daddy?" She Asked.

"Yeah!" They Said. She Looked At Me.

"Hey." She Said.

"Hey." I Said.

"You Seem Upset." She Said.

"Boys Go Get You Something To Drink And A Snack. The Vending Machine Is Down The Hall." I Said. I Gave Them Some Money And They Walked Out The Room.

"That Kiss You Gave Me Followed Me Home. My Daughter Was Upset About It." I Said.

"You Should've Explain That We Were Once Married And That The Kiss Was Innocent. Though It Wasn't For Me." She Said.

"My Daughter Isn't Stupid. She's Smart For Her Age And She Didn't Like That Her Dad Was Kissing Her Brothers Mom!" I Snapped.

"Well I'm Sorry Roman. I'm Still In Love With You. Your Daughter Is Just Going To Have To Deal With It." She Said.

"Look Maria. You Are My Past. My Family Now, That's My Future. We Only Have A Relationship Because Of The Boys. That's It." I Said.

"We're Having A Girl." She Said.

"Like You Wanted." I Said.

"No...Like We Wanted." She Said.

"I Have Daughters. I've Experienced It Already." I Said.

"You've Change." She Said.

"Maria Just Stop!" I Said. The Boys Then Came Running In.

"When Are You Being Released?" I Asked.

"Thursday At Noon." She Said.

"I Wanna Stay With Daddy!" Nathan Said. We Already Made The Agreement That They Stay With There Mom Monday Thru Thursday, And I Get Them Friday Through Sunday.

"Nathan We Already Had This Conversation. Y'all Are Going Back To Your Moms House Next Week. Y'all Will Be Staying With Me On The Weekends." I Said. Now That I Say It Out Loud, It Kind Of Hurts. Me Spending Time With My Boys Made Me Realize How Much I've Missed Them.

"We Should Get Going." I Said. The Boys Hugged And Kissed There Mom And We Were Heading Out The Door.

"Say Hi To The Wife And Kids For Me." She Said. I Slammed Her Door And Walked To The Car. She Continues To Make Life Hell And I'm Not Having It. I'm Not Losing My Wife And Kids Anymore Because Of Her Bullshit. When We Got Home, I Was Assuming The Girls Were Still Sleeping So I Decided To Make Dinner. It Was A Nice Evening Out, So A Little Barbeque Would Be Nice. I Pulled Some Meat Out And Began Thawing It, While I Started The Grill.

"Dad Can We Help?" Junior Asked.

"Sure. Go Ahead And Get The Hot Dogs Out And I'll Teach You How To Season The Meat." I Said. We Gathered Everything And Began Seasoning The Food.

"Never Over Season Son." I Said. We Walked Back Out To The Grill And Put The Food On. I Just Made The Basics: Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, And Chicken. While The Food Was On The Grill, I Asked Junior To Help Me With The Side Dishes. Baked Beans And Macaroni.

"Daddy." Kaidence Said, Wiping Her Sleepy Eyes. I Scooped Her Up.

"Hey Sleepy Head." I Said. I Carried Her Outside And Checked On The Food.

"Want Some Juice?" I Asked. She Nodded. I Felt Her Head And She Was Feeling Warm.

"You Need Some Medicine Too Baby Girl." I Said.

"No!" She Whined.

"I Know You Don't Want It, But You're Warm And You Don't Wanna Get Super Sick." I Said. I Sat Her On The Counter And Grabbed Her Some Medicine. She Whined As I Poured It On A Spoon, But She Was A Big Girl And Took The Medicine.

"Good Girl." I Said. I Gave Her A Cup Of Apple Juice And Laid Her Down On The Couch. I Went Back To The Grill And Flipped The Food. My Phone Began Ringing And It Was Maria.

"What!" I Snapped.

"Roman. Since I Been In A Coma The Last 2 Months, I'm Behind On My Mortgage And There Selling My Home!" She Said.

"What? Okay Calm Down. Can You Stay With Your Mom?" I Asked.

"No! She's Already Got My Sister And Her Kids Staying There. No!" She Said.

"Well Stay With A Friend." I Said.

"Roman! I Need Your Help." She Said.

"What Do You Want Me To Do?" I Asked.

"Let Me Stay With You. Just Until I Get On My Feet." She Said.

"Hell Naw! No! That's Not A Good Idea." I Said.

"Roman Please." She Said. I Sighed.

"I'll Have To Ask Bianca." I Said.

"Ask Me What?" Bianca Said, Scaring Me.

"I'll Call You Back." I Said Hanging Up.

"Hey Baby." I Said.

"What Do You Have To Ask Me?" She Said. Aw Shit. Better Get This Over With...Here Goes Nothing...