Chapter 23

[ROMANS P.O.V.]

I Took A Few Deep Breaths Before Getting Out Of The Car. Damn I Need A Cigarette. I Knew I Shouldn't Of Agreed To Quit Smoking! Me And My Big Ass Mouth! I Sighed Loudly. Here Goes Nothing. I Went Into The Hospital And Asked Where My Ex Wife's Room Was. I Hated Hospital's To My Soul. I Made My Way To Her Room, And When I Got To Her Door, I Paused. I Can't Do This! My Hands Shook As I Slowly Opened The Door. I Walked In, And Froze. I Seen My Ex, Maria, Laying There Motionless. She Was Hooked Up To A Bunch Of Machines, And Was Badly Brusied. How Did This Happen? I Pulled Up A Chair And Sat Beside Her. She Looked So.....Helpless. As If Death Was About To Swallow Her Whole. My Hands Were Shaking As I Grabbed Her Bandaged Up Hand.

"I Hate Seeing You Like This" I Said.

"Your Gonna Pull Through Though. I Know You Will. You're A Strong Woman." I Said. I Doubt She Could Hear Anything I Was Saying, But It Wouldn't Hurt To Try.

"I Have Forgiven You For The Hell You've Put Me Through The Last Few Weeks. So Has My Wife. We Are Both Praying That You Recover." I Said. I Felt Crazy For Talking To Her, But I Had A Feeling She Could Hear Me. Her Body Just Isn't Ready To Respond Yet.

"I'd Hate For The Boys To See You Like This, And Knowing That You're Pregnant Makes Everything Worse." I Said. The Room Stood Silent. I Sat Back And Sighed. I Sat There And Prayed. And Prayed. And Prayed. I Was Standing To Leave When The Doctor Came In In.

"You Must Be Mr. Smith." She Said. I Nodded.

"Still No Signs Of Progress?" She Asked.

"No." I Said. She Smiled Warmly At Me.

"Just Give It Time. She'll Hopefully Pull Through Soon." She Said. I Shook Her Hand And Left. I Don't Know Why, But I Was Crying. Maybe Because The Mother Of My Kids Is Dying Before My Very Eyes, And I Can't Do Anything About It. I Got Into My Car And Cried. I Just Needed To Get Home To My Wife. She Knows How To Comfort Me The Right Way.
*
*
*
*
When I Walked In The House, I Was Greeted By Kaidence First.

"Daddy!" She Squealed, Running Into My Arms. Her Hair Was Wet And She Smelled Of Her Hello Kitty Body Wash.

"You Smell Good. Mommy Gave You A Bath?" I Asked.

"Yeah! And She Washed My Hair." She Said.

"I See." I Said. I Carried Kaidence Upstairs And Walked Into The Girls Room.

"We Need A Bigger Place." I Said.

"What's Wrong With This House?" Bianca Asked. I Wasn't Going To Be All The Way Honest Cause Then She'd Be Pissed.

"Nothing Baby. It Was Just An Out Loud Thought." I Said Kissing Her Cheek. She Was Putting Serenity's Pajamas On.

"Hey Daddy's Baby." I Said. She Smiled As She Started Talking In Her Baby Language.

"She Said Put Her To Bed While Mommy Works On Kaidence's Hair." Bianca Said, Handing Serenity To Me. I Kissed Her And Sat In The Rocking Chair. I Began Feeding Her Her Bedtime Bottle While I Watched Bianca Do Kaidence's Hair.

"How Did Everything Go? Is She Okay?" Bianca Asked.

"She Still Out. I Tried Talking To Her And Then The Doctor Came In And Said She'll Wake Up When She's Ready." I Said.

"Well Hopefully She Makes A Smooth Recovery." Bianca Said. I Looked Up At Her And Stared. That's The Nicest Thing She Has EVER Said About My Ex!

"What?" She Asked.

"Who Are You And What Have You Done To My Mean, Smart Mouthed Wife?" I Teased. She Rolled Her Eyes.

"She's Still Here! Trust!" She Said. I Laughed. I Glanced Down And Serenity Was Fast Asleep.

"She Sleeps Too Much." I Said Laying Her On My Shoulder.

"No She Doesn't! She's Up All Morning Until Her Nap, And Up Until Bedtime." She Said.

"Nah. Put Her Fat Butt In Her Swing And She's Guarenteed To Knock Out." I Said. I Laid Her In Her Crib, And Covered Up.

"Daddy We Still Going To The Park Tomorrow?" Kaidence Asked. Damn She Has A Pretty Good Memory.

"Yeah." I Said. Bianca Finished Her Hair And Brushed It Into A Ponytail.

"All This Darn Hair." She Said. I Laughed As I Tucked Kaidence In Bed.

"Goodnight Baby." I Said.

"Night Mommy And Daddy." She Said. I Kissed Her And Walked Out Of The Room.

"I Ran You A Bath. So You Could Relax." Bianca Said.

"Join Me." I Said. I Pulled Her Into My Arms And Kissed Her.

"As Tempting As That Sounds, I Do Have A Picnic To Prepare For." She Said.

"Forget About That. We Can Do That Tomorrow. Right Now, I Need Some Comfort." I Said.

"Lead The Way." She Said. I Grabbed Her Hand And Led Her To The Bathroom. I Helped Her Take Her Clothes Off, And Then Mines. I Got In First, And Eased Down Into It. The Water Was Fairly Hot And Relaxing. Bianca Climbed In And Positioned Herself In Front Of Me. I Began Rubbing Her Shoulders.

"Today Doesn't Seem Real. My Ex In The Hospital, The Mess I've Made.....It's All So Overwhelming. Why Did You Stay?" I Asked. She Sat Quiet For A Minute.

"Because I Love You. I've Loved You Since I Was 18. Sure You Did Me Wrong On So Many Levels, But At The End Of The Day You're My Husband. My Bestfriend. My Everything." She Said. I Hugged Her Tight As I Kissed Her Neck.

"You Are A Truly An Amazing Woman." I Said.

"I Am. And You're An Amazing Man. Besides, Even If I Did Leave, You Were Going To Find Me Either Way It Goes!" She Said. I Laughed.

"Damn Right! You're Mines!" I Said.

"Always." She Said.

"Always And Forever." I Said. I Kissed Her Passionently. Our Love Is Indescribable...And I Thank God Everyday For Putting Her In My Life.