Trouble at school pt3

Flashback to The phone call
Rebecca pov
I'm currently at home. I start tidying the house and reach Dontes room it's a mess in here. I don't tidy it as for some reason he gets angry saying that it was 'organised mess' and he knows where everything is. I only take his dirty clothes down. I hear the front door and in walks the oldest Liam.
Rebecca: Hey Liam how was school
Liam: hi mama it was good. I'm just gonna go do some homework
Rebecca: okay I'll call you down for dinner.
I start looking through the freezer for things for dinner. I'm interrupted by my phone ringing. South Chicago middle school. Great. I answer it.
Rebecca: Hello
Teacher: Mrs Halstead
Rebecca: Speaking
Teacher: yeah this is Mr Davies. I'm calling about Donte
Rebecca: what's he done?
Mr Davies: He was daydreaming and weren't keeping up with the lesson. Then expected me to go back to the previous slide cause he didn't finish. He then began making unnecessary comments. He wouldn't stop moving then moved seats to distract another student. I told him to sit back down and he answered back with another comment. He then got back up to sharpen my pencil which was not needed so I asked why and he said 'it was blunt why else'. I then sent him to the principal's office. He then reacted with 'fine don't want to be in this bullshit lesson anyway' I told him I would be ringing you and he proceeded to swear at me. This kind of behaviour is unacceptable. It's getting worse.
Rebecca: I'm not gonna defend his behaviour but I've been telling you lot to refer him for an ADHD test. His dad has it and from what I heard he used to behave just like Donte.
Mr Davies: I understand but ADHD is just an excuse for bad behaviour.
Rebecca: excuse me. You think he wants to be like this. He is always asking us why he can't behave like the other kids or why everything feels so much harder for him compared to everyone else. When you set homework you don't see how hard he tries to do it and how frustrated he gets when he can't. You just see the half assed attempt and assume he didn't try. You see a bad kid but I see a kid who is trying his best in a system that is against him.
Mr Davies: We can't excuse his behaviour just because-
Rebecca: I'm not asking you to excuse his behaviour cause right now it seems to be getting worse. I'm asking for you to refer him so we can put a plan in place to help him. The longer this goes on the worse he's gonna get.
Mr Davies: I personally can't refer him but I'll speak to the principal and she'll ring you.
Rebecca: thank you
Mr Davies: have a nice evening
Rebecca: bye
I end the call and realise that Liam has come down.
Rebecca: Hey bud
Liam: hi mama. That the school?
Rebecca: yep
Liam: so they finally gonna refer him?
Rebecca: hopefully
Liam: that's good
Rebecca: yeah I guess so

Now
Jays pov
I listened to Rebecca tell me the conversation with Dontes teacher and damn. I'm glad she finally got across to them. Now it's just waiting on the principal.
Jay: So he had to get worse for them to listen
Rebecca: I know but at least he'll hopefully get the diagnosis by high school.
Jay: yeah am I bringing him to work in the morning?
Rebecca: if he wants to
Jay: cool he wants to do baseball again so I told him to speak to coach tomorrow
Rebecca: is it not gonna be too much for him as he's already doing basketball and soccer.
Jay: Nah I think he only wants to do it because he went to the cages with Hank and it spiked up that interest again. He'll probably lose interest in it after a few weeks. But if not then he'll have to drop either basketball or soccer.
Rebecca: okay we'll see

Donte Pov
I ran to Liams room and knocked on the door.
Donte: Liam
Liam: Yeah
Donte: Can we go shop?
Liam: Sure get your coat and shoes on
I ran to my room and got ready to go
Donte: Liam hurry up
Liam: I'm coming relax
We walked to the shop it only took 10 minutes. Liam brought me some sour patch, Doritos and Gatorade
Donte: Thanks Liam
Liam: No problem let's go back
Donte: Race you
We both ran home. I got home first and Liam was trailing behind panting. I started laughing
Donte: that's embarrassing how am I younger and fitter than you
Liam: shut up and get inside
We went inside and mama said we were getting takeout. I put my stuff in the cupboards. Dad ordered and we went to collect it.
We returned home and ate dinner.
Mama: Tay shower
Donte: But I was gonna watch a movie with Dad
Mama: you can watch the movie after
Donte: But-
Mama: No buts shower now
Donte: fine
I had a shower and got ready for bed so that after the film i could go straight to bed.
Donte: Dad movie
Dad: Coming kiddo
Donte: is Liam watching?
Dad: Go ask him
I ran up the stairs and asked him and he said not tonight so I ran back downstairs.
Donte: said no
Dad put the film on and I ended up falling asleep