CHAPTER TWO: WAY FORWARD

The street was dark and quiet. Half of the inhabitants had to run away for the fear of being caught by the evil invaders. Surprisingly, few people remained. Jenny, a teenager in Berston High lived a few blocks away from the end of the street.
She was an orphan who lived with her aunt, Bethany. Bethany was a government research agent, so that explained why they still  stayed in the street.

"Bethany, can't you the street is empty, we're basically the only living people here, can't we just leave, am scared!
Those crazy robots can come at any damn fucking time, and what you care about is your stupid plans to conquer them, can't you see they are more power......"
Bethany interrupted jenny's speech with the tap she left rushing, Jenny simply ignore her and continued
"Bethany, we're on the brink of death can't you see, this is some kind of the apocalypse sorta thing,  your stupid research is just another way to earn money but no, we can't continue going on like this"
Jenny ended her pathetic speech in a low tone.
"Young lady, you have to get to school!
You'll surely miss classes if you go on like this, come on, get your things ready, I'll drive you" Bethany said without mentioning anything Jenny said.

Yeah, I'll go to school and run off without  you noticing. All for a well complied speech, way  to go Bethany.
But, if I run off, what about Luna, I can't leave her behind! Gosh, am getting fucked off real bad here.

Jenny's thoughts were interrupted by Bethany's loud grunting indicating her to come out of her trance.
********************************

Berston high was very quiet, soo quiet. Jenny  walked through the hallway with her shoes sounding like footsteps of a huge monster.
She hated this, this wasn't how her school was, it was much more populated and students were every where . Most of her friends had left the country for fear of being caught by the evil robots.

I have to find Luna, Luna where are you!!

Jenny said inwardly, just then Mr Ramirez, the school principal called her into his office.

"Please have a sit Miss Lumberton" he said
"Thank you" Jenny said in a soft tone, and took a sit
"Alright, I called you here to inform you that the school would soon go on an indefinite closure, for reasons we all know about. Am tell you this cause you're one of our best students, and it would be a great loss on our part to miss you"

Mr Ramirez was a young man, maybe around his mid thirties. Having a achieved a lot of things in his career, he was well respected up and beyond. Jenny said a few respectful and pitiful words and exited the office.

She went straight to her class and sat down on a empty sit next to Luna's. She simply smiled at her and gave her a gentle good morning nod. The class barely had 10 students. It was history class and it was going to be damn boring.

Mrs Lucinda was history teacher, she was a fat lady, maybe around her early fifties. Her classes were usually boring and strict, so Jenny had to wait till her class ended before talking to Luna.

Well, that wasn't so bad
Jenny muttered after history class ended past. She quickly dragged Luna to the girl's rest room before the next teacher could come in.

"Hey girly, cool down what's up?"
Luna said in her cool voice.
"The school's gonna go on a damn freaking indefinite closure!" Jenny panicked, pacing up and down the rest room.
"Yeah!!!
That is good, by the way who told you so?"
"Mr Ramirez told me when I came to school, and this is surely gonna slow things down for us" Jenny said
"Slow things down? How?" Luna asked.
The girls were silent when they heard the toilet flush sounding. A girl came out and washed and dried her hands.. She simply looked at them with astonishment.
"So, a  closure, huhnn?"the girl said
" hey, get outta here, you weren't invited to our talk " Luna said in an authoritative voice.
"Yeah, right" the girl said, before walking away slowly.
"Yeah, you were saying?" Said Luna
"If we don't act fast we might end up not going to college and then we would be living in Berston central Bridge" Jenny said, still in a panicking tone
"So what are we gonna do now?"
"A way forward!
We're gonna look for a way forward"