Prologue

It's Yung Penguin
Y'know, Yung Penguin on the beat, Yung Penguin on the feats
Yo, I'm just here, introduce this album, bro
Future Legend
They don't call me a Future Legend for no reason, bro

Like... like, Yung Penguin's been going hard since day one, y'know
And... I just wanna thank everyone, y'know, who helped me on this album
This sh**'s, this sh**'s flames, bro
Like, I can't even lie
This is like, the first step to becoming the biggest rapper in the world, bro
No cap
Alright, so... I'm just, I'm just getting you ready for this sh**
Cause it's gonna bang you over the head
There's no coming back after this, bro
And I'm, I just wanna thank you for listening
Future Legend, bro

Yung Penguin on the beat

Yung Penguin had just finished recording his first song, the intro for his first album, Future Legend. Curdis Plumpkin was his real name, but he preferred to go by his stage name, Yung Penguin.

And sure, he was young, but that didn't stop him from becoming the rapper he aspired to be. He'd started out by finding a rapper around his age named DaVan recording a song called "I Just Don't Care". A lot of people were hating, so he wanted to be, well, not a hater. And as it turned out, he'd already recorded two songs in FL Studio and released them as singles. Rap Freestyle and President.

Right from the get-go, he knew he had something. He knew he could be great, he just had to make the perfect debut album first. And he knew exactly how to do it.

Curdis was going to DM DaVan and ask him for a feature, and maybe some of his friends too. But not right now.

Now, it was time for him to go to school.

Yes, he was still in high school. But was that really an issue for his album? No. Especially because now that he had actually made the decision to make a full album, he could tell his best friend, Blonson.

Blonson wanted to be a rapper too, and Curdis thought he might get him on a song soon. Once he made his presence known, of course.

The kid walked out of his house and looked next door. Because, yes, of course, Blonson was his neighbor. He waved to the boy.

"Hey, Blonson!"

"Good morning, Curdis!" Blonson called back. "You ready to go to school?"

"Nope. But I'll go anyway. C'mon, let's go."

Blonson walked across the yard and hopped into the whip, Curdis cranking up the new song on the radio. They only had a little time in the car before class so they had to make the best use of their time.

"How's the album going?" The kid asked curiously.

"Pretty good, actually. I think I'm gonna get DaVan and B. Wells on a song soon."

"Bro, that's amazing!" Blonson exclaimed. "Your album is gonna get so many streams."

"That's the idea."

And so the two drove off to the high school and headbanged all through town. School wasn't something they ignored, but since rap was the new profession, there wasn't much else Yung Penguin needed to learn other than production.

That was another cool thing about him. He made his own beats, unlike a lot of other up and coming rappers in his day. Most just found beats from YouTube, but Yung Penguin wanted to be unique and different. He was going to produce his own tracks. And luckily, part of that was done in Digital Music class.