Chapter 13: Emo Raps

Curdis hoped he wouldn't have to answer that one.

I just write this emo rap
Ohhhhhh..... emo rap
Ohhhhhhh.... emo rap
I just write this emo rap
I just rap emo rap
Emo rap
Emo rap
All I ever do is make... emo rap

Sad Boy Penguin was his 3rd album, consisting of another 10 songs all in emo style. Yung Penguin's beats for this project weren't as crazy as the last 2, but they still hit hard, especially on his closing track.

As easy as it was for him to quit, it was even easier to make a comeback. While it wasn't officially public, Curdis could still make hits just as quickly. Blonson Raps was even able to put his verse on Track 2, Drippy.

Later on, he would even put a snippet of the instrumental for Heartbreak on YouTube during his official comeback, which would initiate B. Wells' looping abilities in his creation of Just a Dream with DaVan, for a collab album between him and Jabez Z entitled Always Well.

But at this moment, the teens were just basking in the relaxation of camping and helping make Curdis' beats together. Oh, and quietly worrying about the missing people in the background.

Charly and Jeremy were more worried about this than the rest of the boys, but it wasn't completely out of the picture for them all.

"Yo, Curdis." Steve called when entering his tent. "Why is that beat for 'I Don't Care (About Girls)' so muffled."

Yung Penguin chuckled. "Everybody's asking that. I wanted to do something different than DaVan did on First Class. I'm not tryna make it a remix since the beat's right here on YouTube with that Freek Von Workum hook on it. It's free."

"And you wanted to change it. Smart."

"Yeah, it kinda is."

He couldn't really produce every beat on here... just 9 of the 10. Plus, most every beat was easy to make on FL Studio. It was a less weird sounding album and more of using what he had. Sampling could be done later.

I just wanna fly first class
To somewhere and she saying
Take me anywhere, I just wanna first class
In the air, where I don't care, don't care
I just wanna fly first class
To somewhere and she saying
Take me anywhere, I just wanna first class
In the air, where I don't care, don't care
Nah

"Turn my headphones down a bit."

Blonson was in charge of the mixing for this session, glad to make use of all the free time they had while they weren't hiking.

Matt sat in the nearby chair next to Jeremy and Charly, who were just chilling on the bed. The whole gang was there for the writing, producing, and recording, because especially since it wasn't during the entire day, they all loved getting in on this.

"Do you think those guys are ok?" Charly asked, M-Nastee lifting his head up.

"Who, Paige and Luke?"

"Yeah, them. Buck and Cormac have been out there for a pretty long time."

"They'll find em. I'm not worried. Those guys will take care of it."

"But... what if they're not even looking?" Charly asked, his voice only slightly quivering.

Lil Cornmuffin scoffed, getting in on the conversation. "What, you think they're sus? If anything-"

"Guys!"

Matt grabbed the chair as to not fall off, jumping when Emily burst into the tent.

"Woah!"