Chapter 3: Flip The Switch

This was his new directive in life, and he had to make it count.

While everyone waited outside with Gus, Yung Penguin was in the basement, searching for the map. Of course, he was an amazing multitasker, so he decided to join DaVan and B. Wells' live video. They seemed to be grinding on music too, playing some as they let him enter the stream.

"Yo, what's good, bro?"

"What's up, dude? Dude. I'm tryna... Tryna get this album done, bro."

That was mostly true, but the boys didn't know the secret behind this project yet.

"Yeah, we... We working on our album right now."

"Yeah? Bro, you guys gotta get me on some features, bro."

"Hell yeah. Well, we have all of our songs done, I bet there possibly is, one open."

"I mean, um, unless, unless Young Ferb doesn't do Turn Up."

"Yeah, unless Young Ferb doesn't do Turn Up."

"Yeah, nah, yeah I sent you, I sent you guys stuff too."

He'd already added the rappers to his album, including in the song, "Flip The Switch", which he was waiting for DaVan to send back. Luckily, he had a few album tracks done. He just hoped he could actually finish it when he wanted to.

"You guys made anything on the beats I sent?" He asked.

"No."

"No, not currently."

"Ay, bro, nah, you can use them anytime, though."

"Um, y'know, yeah, we're a little busy, with..."

"This entire album."

"Yeah, 20 track album."

"Damn, bro. That's a lot of tracks, bro."

"We've been working on this for how long? 6, 3, 6 months? No, it has to be 6-"

"3, 4, 5, 6, 7... 8 songs done. Not- not even half."

"Bro, I'm tryna get 10 songs on my album. I only got 4 so far."

The 20 track album seemed like a lot of tracks to Yung Penguin, especially for a standard album. But it was a collab, so what did he expect?

Curdis continued rummaging through the drawers and cabinets, trying to find something his parents wouldn't use anymore. All while he was getting to hear unreleased DaVan and B. Wells. Cloud 9 was still his favorite stuff he'd heard from DaVan, even though he had said he wanted to improve and that a lot of those songs weren't great. Yung Penguin disagreed.

And the crazy part was, the rappers weren't just playing unreleased music... they were writing lyrics.

Bouta join the cult of Greg
Disappoint my parents when they see the bread
Now I don't have to get out of bed

"Because... because of this mon..."

"Cuz I can just sleep instead!" Yung Penguin interjected.

"Yeah!!" B. Wells cheered, applauding for the kid.

Curdis felt a lot of joy in that moment. Not just because he had found the map under his dad's old desk, but because he had written a lyric for DaVan's new verse. This was just another step to fame.

"Alright, guys. I gotta go. But keep grinding on your music. And DaVan, when you finish that song, send it to me."

"Bet, I'll send it soon." Evan replied, signing off to the boy.