Part 3.2: Jackieboy Man and the Monster

"You're not even paying the fucking money, Jackie! What about that lawsuit and your community service!?"

"It's alright! I'm a fucking hero! They'll pardon it if I just ask 'em! And fuck the soup kitchen! I'm fighting fucking crime, Sam! For fucks sake!" he laughed it off.

Sammie was the most pissed off at him than she's ever been, "Dammit, Jackie, you can't think for a god damn SECOND, can you? You think you're so fucking high and mighty now because you have powers!? You're not GOD here, Jackie!"

"I'm not saying I am!" he shook his head. 

It seemed like they always argued anymore.

It had been six months now since Jackie got these powers and he'd made himself known throughout the world.

Crime diminished in the city significantly, he was rewarded for his efforts and finally regarded for what he was always meant to be. A hero. Everyone loved him.

But Sammie, his sister, had other thoughts about his newfound powers, "You're just . . . you're not the same person I knew before . . . . it's like you're not even my brother anymore"

That stung and Jackie visibly flinched, "Wait . . . what?! Where the hell did that come from? Sammie! I'm still the same person! I haven't changed!"

She scoffed and shook her head, "Yeah, well, the Jackie I grew up with wouldn't have let fame change him. I'm sorry, Jackie but until you can see what you're doing to yourself then I don't want Benny around you anymore"

"I . . . Sammie . . ." he didn't know what to say to that. What could he say to change her mind?

But before he could think of anything, his radio went off, calling for him.

Sammie rolled her eyes, "And . . . my brother wouldn't put complete strangers over his own family. You HAVE changed. You're just too stubborn to realize it"

He had to get away. It wasn't about proving her point but he just had to get away from her so he could sort out her words on his own.

As soon as she turned away from him, he took off out the window. By the time she turned around, her heart was broken, thinking he really had lost all love for his own family.

"Mommy!" her son called out for her from the other room, "Hurry up! Uncle Jackie's gonna drop me off at school this time, right? He promised!"

Sammie felt crushed. And now she had to explain to her son why his uncle wouldn't be fulfilling his promise.

When Jackie was done for the evening and all was quiet, he trudged into his home, rolling his shoulders. Even though he was freakishly strong now, he still had some kinks here and there. 

Today, he lifted a bus to stop it from hitting a group of people when the brake line was strangely cut. There was that train he had to manually redirect, the plane he caught to save it from  crashing . . . 

It was a lot of weird instances today with a lot of heavy objects.

Opening his fridge, he grabbed a soda pop and cracked it open, ripping off of his mask before starting to chug the drink down.

Out of the corner of his eye, he could see a light flickering and he looked over at it with a small sigh.

"Hm . . . . Due for a new bulb?" 

The light stopped flickering, though, and sustained light again, 'That was weird'

He finished his pop and retreated to his living room to chill out.