[25]

a/n : I think I've made a few mistakes in my past chapters. After I re-read this book, I just remembered that Jeonghun and Eunju are supposed to be cousins too and I accidentally wrote it as siblings. Fuck my forgetful brain and sorry for the confusion.

---

A few weeks had passed since the cousins' terrible plan. It was a failure as expected.

The Ji and Nam family were having a dinner at their house and of course excluding the Yu's family.

"I heard about your failure plan. Do you think they will fall for that?" Mrs. Ji asked.

"I told you that was a terrible plan. You wouldn't listen," Jeonghun hissed.

Eunju scowl at her cousin. "It's not my fault alone. If you did a better job, we would've separate them,"

"I did a great job!" He yelled.

"No you didn't!"

"Quiet!"

Both flinch when Mrs. Ji raise her voice.

"If plan A was a failure, both of you should have a backup plan. Do you have a backup plan?"

Jeonghun and Eunju silent when Mrs. Ji throw them the question.

"See? Use your brain. How are we supposed to get the inheritance if you guys can't even do a simple job?" Mrs. Ji spat.

"You said that it's like the company is a family company," Jeonghun muttered.

Mrs. Ji squints her eyes while looking at her son. "Don't you want the money and Karina?"

"Of course I do! That Ahin bastard. Karina was supposed to be mine," He gritted his teeth in anger.

"Then you guys better not mess up the next time," Mrs. Nam said.

"I don't think we even have the next time," Eunju said. Her eyes still staring at her phone.

"What do you mean?" Mrs. Nam asked her daughter.

Eunju show her phone screen to them. To their shock, the Yu's family already announced the wedding date through the media.

"That fast?" Jeonghun couldn't believe his eyes.

Eunju look at him unamused. "It's been months since they announced their engagement, you airhead,"

"Didn't they said it would be next year?" Mrs. Nam said in disbelief.

"They probably have a change of mind. That's why the wedding will be this weekend," Mrs. Ji sighed.

Now all her dreams will be ruin. How are they supposed to stop the wedding now?

"If only we didn't follow your lame plan. We would've been one step closer now," Jeonghun clicked his tongue in annoyance.

"Like you have a better plan," Eunju rolled her eyes.

"Probably alot better then yours," He smirked as if he knows something.

"I fucking hate you," She pushed him roughly causing him to almost fall from the chair.

I bet you will thank me later. Jeonghun secretly scoffs.

While the family is still in dilemma, Jeonghun take the opportunity to escape.

"Where do you think you're going?" Mrs. Ji asked when he was about to step out from the house.

"I'm gonna take some fresh air. I'll be back soon," He waved at them before going out.