🤖🥀The truth🥀🤖

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING: S*LF HARM, HOMOPHOBIA⚠️
if that triggers you, I suggest you don't read this one shot❤️❤️❤️❤️

Tenya Iida x Shoto Todoroki
Plot: Iida knows about todoroki's abuse, that's it
i have no motivation for this one shot

Todoroki's POV

I laid down on the cold, wooden floor of my father's training room. It had just been one of those sessions, only this time he was furious at me, after finding out that I was gay. "Absolute f*ggot, how am I supposed to live normally, knowing my son is a disgusting, weak, worthless homosexual?! Fucking hell, youre a student at UA! Do you not have any shame? " He slammed his foot onto my stomach, causing a stitched wound to open up again.

He walked away, out of the house. He's probably going to work, right after almost taking the life of his own son.

Tears streamed down my face, I couldn't control my emotions anymore. "Shoto!" Fuyumi called out, as she ran towards me. "Don't cry, I'm here! Im here and I'm not leaving.." She opened a med kit, taking out a roll of bandages before wrapping them around my wounds. Unable to speak, I panicked as I couldn't breathe.

I heard a ringing sound, probably coming from Fuyumi's phone ringing. I could barely hear anything. Soon enough, I was being carried into a vehicle and rushed away from my father's house.

time skip brought to you by my addiction to 🍓strawberries🍓

I stared at the white ceiling, waiting for the hours to pass by. Shifting around in the uncomfortable hospital bed, I decided to look out the window instead. My peaceful moment was soon disrupted when a nurse stormed in, informing me that I'd be discharged tomorrow morning.

Finally, I've honestly missed the dorms.

I gave a quick nod, the nurse leaving. I looked around the room, searching for a sharp object. I had been 5 days clean, but right now I couldn't help it. Then I realized, I could use the needle in my hand. I swiftly pulled it out, hissing at the pain. I shakily brought it to my arm, carefully slicing it.

One

Two

Three

Four

Five

I quickly stopped myself, panicking. It was only supposed to be one cut, not five! Tears welled up in my eyes, soon falling down my chubby cheeks. The nurses, theyre gonna be so disappointed in me.

(yes Todoroki has chubby cheeks. stfu)

Dont have a panic attack, dont have a panic attack.

It looped in my head, making me even more anxious. I promised myself that it would be only one cut.. I tried sticking the needle back into my hand, to receive my IV. Trying desperately to calm myself down, I tried doing some breathing exercises my therapist had recommended to me.

Yes, the almighty Shoto Todoroki goes to a therapist. My teacher forced me to go, after noticing my declining mental health. It hasn't been helping a lot lately, although my therapist is really kind and understanding about my situation. After a few minutes of just trying to calm myself down, a nurse came back in.

"Todoroki? You should be heading to bed, it's almost midnight. I'll see you in the morning, goodnight!" My nurse, Kaori waved and left. I waved back, before laying down in my bed. As the hours passed by I was unable to sleep. I had this song stuck in my head.

I got no time to lose, 길었던 하루, 보고 싶어.

I had heard this song before in the hospital lobby, while I was walking around. Ever since, it has been stuck in my head. I even learned the dance. So I got up, giving it a try.

Ratatata 울린 심장 (Ratatata) But I dont want to, stay in the middle, like you a little. Dont want no riddle. 말해줘, say it back, oh, say it ditto.

I found myself lost in the music, even the parts I didnt know the dance to, my body just moved to the song. It was as if it was completely natural.

(time skip to the next morning, hes being discharged)

I was leaving the hospital, once again. Although, this time I didnt want to leave. Because leaving the hospital meant that I'd have to meet my father. And I dont think I have to explain why Im not happy with that. I stood outside the hospital in a matching set, hoodie and sweatpants. I pulled the sleeve of my pastel yellow shirt over my fingers, anxiously fidgeting with it.

I had been sitting there for about 10 minutes, waiting for Fuyumi and Natsuo to come and drive me to the dorms since I wasnt able to walk properly myself, due to my crutches. Yes, my father managed to break one of my legs so now I have to use crutches for 6 months.

After what seemed like an eternity, I saw Fuyumis car pull up. I walked(?) over and opened the backseat door, carefully sitting down and placing my crutches to the side. There was an awkward silence, before Natsuo decided to speak up. "How are you feeling now, Shoto?" He turned his head.

"I cant really say that Im feeling good, but Im at least feeling better than before." I answered. Right after I spoke, Fuyumi had parked in front of the dorm building. "Sho, do you need help getting up to your floor?" She asked. "No thanks Yumi, we have an elevator I can use." I politely answered, getting my crutches out of the car as I stepped out.

I waved to them, before the car started driving away. I looked back, guess Im back now. I walked into the dorm, not being prepared for the amount of heads that were turned the second I walked in. I tried ignoring them, hurrying over to the elevator.

As I made my way towards my dorm, I saw Iida walking out of his dorm, which is right next to mine. "Hello Todoroki-kun!" He exclaimed, waving at me. I waved back, faking a smile. "Its good to see you again. How-..are you?" I noticed him kinda stopping mid sentence, he seemed confused.

"Are you okay? You have a lot of burns and cuts on your face.." I panicked. I completely forgot about those! I quickly blurted out a reply. "Oh! Uh, yeah!.. I, uhm.." I scratched the back of my neck whilst trying to come up with an excuse. "Uh, I was training, yeah..just training a lot!" I mentally cursed at myself for how bad the lie was. Training, I really couldnt come up with anything better than that?

"Todoroki, you know that you can tell me anything" He spoke, "anything you're comfortable with, of course!" Iida quickly blurted out after his first sentence. "what do you mean..? I can assure you that I'm totally fine! I was just training and accidentally hurt myself!" I looked down, anxiety starting to take over me.

I was cut off from my thoughts as Iida grabbed my wrist, dragging me into his dorm room. "Todoroki, I don't mean to invade your private life, but I may have overheard your conversation with Midoriya at the sports festival." Say sike right now. I was screwed, I have no way out of this. "I'm sorry, I know what I did was wrong!" He bowed deeply.

"So, you know about.." My voice was trembling. "About your father..you know, uh." I could tell he was struggling to word it without triggering me. He quickly pulled me into a tight, comforting hug. That was it. I broke down in tears in the hallway, anyone could walk out of their room and see what a mess I was.

But I felt safe. I felt safe around Iida's arms.