008

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ᴅɪᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴡʜᴏ ʜᴀᴛᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
ɪ ғʀ ᴡᴏʀʟ ʜ ʜᴀᴛᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ

          𝐖𝐄𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 about what Ivy had said to her the night before. The words echoing in her mind and she didn't know why she cared so much about Ivy's opinion. Why would Wednesday feel a little peace, comfort, knowing Ivy thought she was good. Not a bad omen.

     It was a school field trip to the town and Wednesday was going to get answers. She had a plan and needed to keep Ivy close for two reason. One; help. Two;. . .  lets not talk about two. That was something Wednesday didn't want to feel.

     "All students will report for their volunteer jobs at ten am sharp, followed by a community lunch at one." Weems stated and Ivy joined Wednesdays side, offering her a small smile. "As you know, this year Outreach Day culminates in a very special event, with the dedication of a new memorial statue in the town square, which will also include performances by Nevermore students."

     Ivy leaned in to whisper to Wednesday, "I know a good place to hid from everyone in the town if your social battery dies."

     "As representatives of our school, I trust you will all put your best face forward."

      Everyone went back to talking with there friends while the assigned jobs were passed out. Ivy looked up as Enid joined them. "Yes! I got Pilgrim World. I do have natural people skills and a love of performing, so it's kind of the obvi choice. What did you two get?"

     Ivy opened hers and signed. Of course. "Pilgrim World. Because Ms. Kinbott thinks I needs to widen my social circle."

     "Uriah's Heap, whatever that is." Wednesday spoke flatly, ignoring that small weird feeling of disappointment when realising that Ivy would not be with her.

     The red head turned to her, it was what Ivy had gotten last year. "It's this antique store. A little creepy but nice. You'll like it."

     Enid grinned, "I'm crossing my claws Ajax and I will be outreaching together." Enid's eye caught on said boy and her smile never faulted. As Weems approached, she disappeared but Ivy stayed.

     "Wednesday, don't worry about your cello. I'll have it brought to the town square this afternoon."

     "My cello?"

     "I caught your rooftop serenade the other night. Impressive." Weems grinned, "I volunteered you to accompany the Jericho High School marching band at the ceremony. I'm sure it won't be too challenging to play an uplifting Fleetwood Mac melody."

     "As long as you promise to hang me as a witch afterwards." Wednesday rebutted and Ivy sunk in on herself at the mention of how her kind was killed three hundred years ago.