027

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 - 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍ʟᴏᴠᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ᴅɪᴇ

ʟᴏᴠᴇʟʟ ɪ

𝐖𝐄𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐈𝐕𝐘, it wasn't because she wanted too, but because it was another school day. She had a few things she needed to do anyways. And as much as she wanted to rip apart Lucas, she needed his, and Bianca's, help. He had information only the dead could tell.

Ivy took a sick day, trying to avoid going further then her dorm room. Because Ivy knew that one of them did this. That someone she walks among is a killer who has tried to kill her. Something in her gut was telling her it wasn't Dr. Kinbott or Xavier. It didn't fit right. But all evidence pointed to them.

The Addams girl went lurking in Jericho, finding what answers Dr. Kinbott, or Laurel?, had. Wednesday had tons of concrete proof. Kinbott could slide in and out of the hospital undetected, easily killing the Mayor. The same roses she left in Eugene's room were the same in the Gates home.

You have to admit, it made sense.

Wednesday wasn't the only Nevermore student in Jericho square. Ivy was too. She needed to get out of the dorm, away from Nevermore. She wanted to run away. Because that's what Ivy did. When things got to intense, she ran. And if she couldn't, she exploded with rage. Ivy was never good at processing her emotions.

Ivy tried to lay low, she didn't know if people from the funeral would try to start something with her. She felt like a fugitive on the run, but she wasn't. She was a teenager grown up too fast.

In hindsight, wearing a baseball cap to try and block the cut and bruise on her cheek from the incident last night wasn't the best idea. She ran straight into someone.

"Slow down there, roadrunner."

Ivy stepped back, mouth agape. Shit. "I'm sorry." Panic bleed in. Was he gonna yell, call attention onto her? She was prepared to be called a joke, witch and spit in her face. He didn't.

"No problem." He just smiled. Ivy swore it was a game to a sick joke. "You alright there, red?"

"What's with the multiple nicknames in the mast minute? Is it some Guinness world record?" Ivy mumbled, fixing her cap.

The brown haired boy chuckled. "What if it was, tiny?" Ivy looked at him with a glare. He wasn't funny. The mystery guy smirked as Ivy crossed her arms over her chest. He found her amusing. "Okay. No one more nicknames. Mateo." He finally introduced, holding out  a hand.

Ivy looked at him, suspicious. "Ivy." warily, she shook his hand.

Ivy's anxiety slowly relaxed, though not far away, another was set with a piercing glare. Wednesday had walked out the therapist office, her sour mood becoming bitter as she saw Ivy talking to someone.