038

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 - 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀ ʟᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ʟᴏᴠᴇ

ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀ ʟᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ʟᴏᴠᴇ

      𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 was quiet. . .ish. Well, it was for them.

      Wednesday Addams calmly walked to her room, frustration seeping into her bones. She kinda missed the monster hunting, spending practically every minute of every day trying to fit the right puzzles pieces together.

     Though, she really did miss Ivy. She missed spending hours, days, together as they looked for clues. She regrets some stuff, mainly how the two tried to push the other way at every given chance.

      Wednesday never particularly understood emotion. She knew what it was, but very rarely experienced it. However, since the first time she saw the pretty and adoring red head, she felt those weird butterflies in her stomach and the way your palms sweat with nerves like they described in movies.

      The raven haired girl hated those feelings. She still does, because now it reminds her that she can't see Ivy. Reminds her how much she misses Ivy. And when her thoughts inevitably go to the enchanting witch, she feels her heartbeat skipping and heat creeping at her cold pale cheeks.

      The Addams girl closed her door behind her, walking around her room to find her missing M necklace. She only took it off for a moment, and now she has no idea where it had gone.

     Wednesday had gone to interrogate her brother, but he had told the truth, he had no idea.

     This led Wednesday to riffle through her room, looking through her hung cloths and between book pages. But it was useless. Wednesday, however, wasn't one to give up. She was strong willed, as Ivy liked to say.

      "Where is it?" Wednesday voiced to herself, and to Thing. She ended up grabbing one of the suitcase trucks that was last used to pack up her room at Nevermore, before going back and. . . well, you know the rest.

      The suitcase opened. Wednesday doesn't know why she decided to look through it, but it was like a tug on an invisible string. One side was Wednesday, the other tying her to someone else.

     The raven haired girl was honestly furious. It just seemed to vanish. Something was telling her Thing was up to something, but she listened to the tug instead.

      There was nothing.

      Of course there was nothing. It was stupid to even believe that a suitcase, of all things, had something she needed to find.

     Wednesday turned the box upside down, shaking it. Again, not a thing. Why does she even- 

     Just as she went to close the lid, she noticed a folded white paper stuck in the side. Only the edge was visible, probably why she didn't see it at first, or when she unpacked.

     The raven haired girl was sat beside her bed on the floor of her room, perfectly painted black nails opening the note in a rush.

      The moment Wednesday saw the writing she had become acquainted with, and the letter addressed to her, she felt the all too well familiar feeling of butterflies swarming her insides, making her forget her own name and heartbeat quickening like the flutter of their wings.

      Dear Wednesday,

      The Addams girl was becoming intrigued, curious, wondering about what the remaining cursive held. Was it words of love or hate? Was the letter originally written multiple times, scrapped as they just never felt good enough till this one.

   I know this is cheesy, stupid, even. But I'm not exactly one for confrontation, you know. So, I'm writing you a letter.

     I know that when you find this, you'll be back at home, and not here. And I know that you'll belittle and self-criticise yourself over leaving, but it okay to go. No one blames you. Especially me, Wends. I don't think any of the others were right. I think your you. You protect your friends, you look for answers that no one else sees. Your saving us from something that we wouldn't even know was happening.

       Wednesday seemed to sink in on herself, somehow feeling warm, like knowing that Ivy liked Wednesday for Wednesday, for not judging if the Addams girl had odd hobbies or the desire to protect others.

      Ivy liked Wednesday.

     Ivy liked the good and the bad, the kooky and spooky nature of Wednesday Addams.

     Ivy simply adored Wednesday for who she is.

      And I need you to know this Wednesday. I need you to understand, that I don't blame this on you. It was always gonna happen, right? I want you to know, that I know I'm gonna die. We can't undo fate, especially when it's already in motion. I've read enough to know that I can't change it. And I don't want to die, but I'm at peace with it.

     I was always the one to run away first.

      If I am to die, Wednesday. I have one last thing to say. And I doubt you feel the same, but. . .

      I think i'm in love with you, Wednesday Addams.

       I think I always will.

             Love, from yours truly,
                                            Ivy x

       Wednesday hurried to her feet, her heart controlling her every movement. She grabbed her landline, phone to her ear as she pressed in the familiar ten digit number, waiting for the warming voice on the other side.

        ". . . Hello?"

       "I would like to take you on a date."

       It was silent. Wednesday didn't know, didn't want to know, if Ivy hung up. Was she still there? God, she feels so stupid. Why did she say that? Why did she ask out Ivy? Ivy would probably say no. Ivy sounded like she had just been woken up. Maybe Ivy will yell at her. Maybe she was just being nice to Wednesday and didn't actually like her anymore. Maybe-

      "I would like nothing more, Wednesday Addams."

      Wednesday let let out a breath she didn't know she was holding, quietly so Ivy couldn't hear the raven haired girls relief.

        "As do I, Ivy Bassett."