022

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎 ᴛᴡɪɴ ғʟᴀᴍᴇs ᴏғ ʜᴇʟʟ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎
ᴛᴡɪɴ ғʟᴀᴍᴇs ғ ʜʟʟ

𝐈𝐕𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐏𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 half asleep, dragging herself to her bed. She was tired, exhausted and scared. The terror in the woods were starting to feel real.

The red head flopped onto her bed, Salem immediately coming beside her. "Hi Say." She petted the black fur on the top of his head. Salem was a comfort to Ivy.

Ivy was tired of life. The grief, living with her mom, witchcraft. When she was about to turn the lucky thirteen, she ran from home. She left Salem, Massachusetts behind and headed west. Her 'jailbreak' didn't last long and she had go to back. As she waited outside the Iowa police station for her mom, a black cat purred at her feet. She kept him, calling him Salem since she found him on her way back there. After that night, her mom sent her to Nevermore.

The red head groaned, pulling herself up to stand. She figured she'd put on some music, clean up and sleep. Though, just as she went to move the needle of the record player onto her French vinyl, a knock echoed on the door.

Ivy sighed and went over to open it, only to find it was Enid with a suitcase.

"Enid?"

"Can I stay here, Iv?"

Ivy knew what this was about. She would be angry too is she didn't know Wednesday. "Yeah. Definitely." She smiled reassuringly.

The Bassett girl sighed, standing outside the wooden door. She was gonna regret this. Ivy pushed open the door to Wednesday and Enid's shared room, only to find the former sitting with her knees to her chest in front of the cobwebbed window.

"Wednesday?"

The Addams girl sniffled. She wasn't crying, just her newfound emotions took a tole on her, especially when she realised that dragging Ivy into this was causing the witch harm. She hadn't seen that before. That she was putting Ivy in harms way.

"What are you doing here?" Wednesday asked after she stood, walking over to her desk as she pretend to be busy.

Ivy sighed, shutting the door behind and dropping her bag onto Enid's bed. "I'm letting Enid stay in my room. Don't worry, Salem's keeping her company. But, uh, you don't mind if I stay here?"

Wednesday seemed stunned. She hadn't quite admitted to herself yet that she liked Ivy, and now the pretty red head was gonna be in the same room, sleeping a couple feet away.

"Not at all."

Ivy noted that something was off with Wednesday, something she couldn't pin point. Her blue eyes drifted over to the half rainbow window, glancing at the stars that littered the sky. The witch let out a sigh. This so called 'witch hunt' was feeling like it didn't matter anymore, especially as it was pulling apart the friendships that had taken her a lifetime to forge.

As the luminescent moonlight shown through the window, Ivy couldn't help but notice as it bounced of something on the floor. It was something that was poking out of Wednesdays bag.

Ivy scooted off the bed, kneeling beside the bag to pull the object out and seeing it was the jewellery box from the house.

She shook the box, carefully. She felt that this wasn't just a coincidence that the one thing they had left with was a jewellery box. Something about it felt like it was another breadcrumb on the path to answers. Did she really want to follow it?

Ivy opened the lid of the box and music begun to echo, the pink dressed ballerina inside started to turn. It reminded her of the one her dad had gotten her. Just a little stupid box made of wood and glue could become something so much more.

Wednesday immediately looked over when she heard the faint tune, seeing Ivy siting in front of it. The witch seemed to stare at it with such intensity. Wednesday walked over, sitting cross legged next to her.

"None of this adds up, Wends. It's. . . It doesn't feel right. I know I'm missing something."

Wednesday looked over to her. Sometimes she felt like a lost puppy when she was around Ivy. The witch could do that to her. Make her forget about everything and yet, she didn't seem to mind it anymore. She wanted to be with Ivy, but that was ludicrous. Wednesday Addams didn't do emotion. But why was she like putty in Ivy's hands.

Ivy, annoyed, lifted up the box and shook it again.

"Careful." Wednesday went to grab it, but Ivy was quicker... and right. The bottom of the box opened and something fell out. Ivy let out a scoffed laugh, wide eyes. "Ha. I was right."

Wednesday grabbed what fell as Ivy set the engraved box down. The raven haired girl turned it around to find it was photos of Wednesday. Someone was following her. But what scared Wednesday the most, was that there was some of Ivy. Like whoever took this knew that Ivy was becoming special to her.

". . . That's. . . that's unnerving." Ivy muttered, fear clinging onto her insides, twisting knots in her stomach. "I don't like this, Wednesday." The red head turned her head to look at the other, onyx black eyes connecting with ocean blue. Both were not prepared for what was coming.

 Both were not prepared for what was coming