036

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗ɪ ᴡᴀɪᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗
ɪ ᴡᴀɪᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ

   "𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍. . . six weeks since. . . since my death." Ivy cleared her throat, tucking the lose strand of red hair - that had fallen from her ponytail - behind her ear. "It's been. . . hard. Not that mom would know. She hasn't even bothered to ask if I'm okay."

       The cold wind pricked at Ivy's pale skin, goose bumps lining her arms - even through her knitted sweater - making her tug the ends of her sleeves over her hands. "I sometimes think that. . . that she'd prefer it if I had stayed dead."

      Aspen had arrived at the hospital days after Ivy woke up. She barely battered an eye, disappearing again the next day.

      Ivy wasn't surprised, really, this was Aspen Bassett we're talking about. She never cried over Misha's death, didn't even ask if Ivy was okay. Aspen just wasn't mom material.

Some people just aren't meant to be parents.

Tears pricked Ivy's ocean eyes. She was frustrated, running a hand through her mattered hair that she rushed to tie earlier. "Um, yeah, so. . . I needed to get out that god forsaken home." The red head looked up to the cloudy sky above, attempting to stop the brimming tears.

"God, this is so stupid." Ivy angrily wiped away her tears. She doesn't know why she's mad. Ivy had every right to be. She died, and she doesn't even know if it was for anything. She died, filled the prophecy, sacrificed her life to save Wednesday. . . but what was it all for in the end?

"I turned sixteen." A dry chuckle fell from her rosy lips. "I mean, I was killed in the first hour. . . Sorry. That-That wasn't funny."

Ivy ran when things went bad, too much emotion. If she couldn't run, she used sarcasm to avoid feelings. After the accident, it only got more common as her defence mechanism.

The Bassett girl begun to pick at her shoelaces, fidgeting with something as she spoke. She hadn't been there for a while. It was sad, but it's her safe space. The one place she felt safe, like a little piece of her pain was at peace, was when she was at her fathers grave.

"Enough of the sad shit." Chipped blue nail polish stained her fingernails. "You know that girl, the one I mentioned last time. Well," Ivy chuckled, feeling her cheeks flush. "she kissed me. Given it was during the war - thing. . . but, she likes me. And. . . and I like her. I really like this girl, dad. More then I thought was possible. I think I might lo-"