Part 1

You laughed as Matt took another hit, breathing deep, choking on the smoke of it.

You banged on his back as he spluttered, turning too red, eyes watering. "What a fuckin' dweeb." You chuckled, earning a quick elbow from his girlfriend.

"Don't start." She scolded, pulling Matt away from you, rubbing his back as he recovered. "He's a baby toker. That's all."

You rolled your eyes, "Yeah, whatever." You took an inhale, feeling the smoke roll down your throat, filling your lungs.

Holding your breath as you passed the joint.

"You and holding it in man." Jenni shook her head.

"What?" The smoke rolled out of your mouth and nose slowly. "I'm just-"

Something very large and sturdy collided into you. Stumbling back you adjusted your grip on the dragon head of your costume, immediately jumping to the defensive.

"Hey asshole!" You straightened, looking up at, "whoa." The most incredible costume you'd ever seen.

"Ah jeez man." Three fingered hands waved in apology, the face wrinkled when he grinned. His eyes blinked perfectly. "Imso sor-"

"What is this?" You reached out, pinching the back of his hand. "Liquid latex? Prosthetics?"

"Bro." He chuckled, gently removing your fingers from him.

"Sorry!" You snapped away, watching Jenni and Matt shake their heads and move along without you. "I just was so impressed." You held up your mask. "I build costumes too." You explained. "But nothing as detailed as yours. Did you do it yourself?"

He laughed, blue eyes squeezing closed. The wrinkles that formed so textured. "Ah, nah. I mean," he frowned, thinking. "I guess kinda, yeah. In a way I did do this myself." He gestured to his costume, the semi-accurate plastron, scales, even minute scars.

"Incredible." You spun around, taking note of the shell. "What's this?" You knocked on the material, surprised it wasn't hollow. "Must weigh a ton if it's not styrofoam."

"Ah." He watched you circle back around. "Don't touch my shell, dude."

"Shit bro." You rocked back on your heels, stumbling a little. You laughed as he reached out to steady you. "Sorry," you chuckled. "Sorry. I'm a little high."

He looked around, making you look around. "Are we expecting someone?" You tilted your gaze up to see him better.

"Ah, no." He laughed, obviously nervous. "You, uh." He inhaled deep. "Hope it's not rude to ask but, you got anymore?"

You narrowed you gaze on him. "Boy that orange really suits your eyes." Blinked, shook your head. "I mean, what?"

"You know." He looked around again, "any more-" He mimed putting a joint to his mouth.

"Oh!" You gasped, hand on his arm. You frowned, squeezing. "Goddamn. You're fucking stacked."

He looked at you expectantly.

"Right!" You reached into your mask, pulling out a zip lock with two more joints. "Wanna share?"

"Yes!" His enthusiastic reply startled you.

"Sure." You shrugged, turning abruptly. Not looking back to see if he followed.

You stopped at the entryway of a secluded alley. Well lit, a bit quieter. A little less people.

"So," you pulled out a joint, putting it between your lips. Lighter shielded on instinct by your hand. "What's your name, turtle boy?"

"I'm Mikey." He grinned, watching you inhale intently.