Part 34

Mikey ducked the weapon you'd tossed at him catching it easily, flipping over the follow up. You frowned as he snatched it right out of the air, landing gracefully.

"Stop doing that!" You shouted, motioning to his acrobatics, "Cheating cheater!"

"You-" Mikey hung them up on the wall, "never said I couldn't use my sick moves."

You rolled your eyes, handing him the wad of wrapping you gathered. "What made all this mess anyway?"

Mikey turned to see you looking around. "The kids."

"Just the kids?" You brow rose as you tossed another weapon over your shoulder, knowing Mikey would catch it.

"Ah." He tsked, ignoring your laugh. "I might have helped a little."

"Mmhmm." You righted one of the wing chungs.

"So." Mikey ran a tongue over his teeth, fingers tapping over a punching bag. He wasn't prying. Just curious. "How'd it go-" He grunted, hanging the bag up by its chains. "With, you know." He shrugged, turning to catch your suspicious glare. "Bar guy?"

You waved a hand at Mikey, brushing his question off as you moved to grab something with a chain off a mat. "We didn't get far."

Missing how Mikey's hand balled into a fist. Just curious, he inhaled slowly. "How far is 'not that far'?"

You sighed, putting the weapon in his hand. Mikey's fist wrapped around it, chain clinking. "It means," your brows rose, "it's not your business." You flicked his forehead.

Mikey breathed out, nodded. Frowning, lip jutting out as he hung up the weapon. You sighed, pulling down your collar.

"Why do I always give in to you?" You muttered, revealing your neck, collarbone.

Mikey blinked. He'd seen you naked. But somehow this felt intimate. Skin revealed, tempting. Mikey tamped down the heat rising in him at seeing your skin exposed like that.

"No hickeys." You pulled down the other side of your neckline. "No phone number." Hands fell, eyes captured Mikey's. Hesitating. "We barely even got around to introductions."

"I-" Mikey frowned, suddenly the situation felt delicate. "I'm sorry." And he was.

He was sorry for being selfish. He was sorry for needing you so desperately. Mikey was sorry that you were so tangled and important in his life that he couldn't just let you go.

"Nah." You shrugged it off, looking around, dusting your hands off for show. "I think we're done here!"

Mikey nodded, "I think so!" He smiled at you, "Die Hard?"

You rolled your eyes, shoulders sagging as you shot Mikey a grin that made his heart stutter. "Die Hard." You agreed, leading the way. "Oh!"

Mikey pulled up short as you turned to look at him. "Where's Dad?"

Mikey frowned, "Probably meditating."

You nodded. "Okay." You grabbed his hand, "Let's go say hi. It's been a minute."

Mikey followed obediently.

"Speaking of a minute." You waved hello at Donnie as you passed his lab.

Donnie nodded, glancing over to acknowledge you before fingers went back to typing madly.

"How is April doing?"

Mikey sighed at your haughty smirk. Smart-ass tone.

"She's married." Mikey reminded you.