Part 11

You tilted your head, taking in Mikey's graffiti. The Hamato clan sigil. Well done, you had to admit. Each of the brothers signature colors, done to look like a neon sign. Some bursts of color around it to add artistic flare.

There were some mistakes where the paint ran or Mikey's hand hadn't been entirely steady.

But overall it was really well done. You liked it. Seeing it on your wall made you feel... something you wished you didn't.

"Ey, Boss." Tiffany.

Your eyes closed as you muffled a sigh. Bracing yourself, turning to her.

She leaned over her bike handles, her grin smug. "It's been two weeks."

You felt yourself grimace.

"And every day for those two weeks, I've caught you admiring Mikey's piece out here." She leaned back, arms folding. "I don't get why you can't just admit you're down bad for this guy."

Your eyes rolled as you walked with her to the cafe. "I'm not 'down bad'." You air quoted, straightening your work shirt behind the apron as Tiffany shoved her bike into the rack. "He's my oldest, dearest friend-"

Tiffany snorted, checking her bike lock before looking at you. "That's exactly the kinda shit 19th century authors and poets said about their same sex crushes."

You scoffed, holding the door open for her. "It is not!"

"Okay, Oscar Wilde."

"H-" you followed her to the kitchen. "How do you even know about Oscar Wilde?"

Her eyebrows kicked up as she threw on her apron. "C'mon." She shrugged. "Public education is bad, but it's not that bad."

You blinked, shaking your head. Pulling off your apron.

"Done for the day?"

You nodded, both of you walking into the main kitchen area. "I worked the midday shift." You cracked your knuckles. "Just gotta grab something from the office and I'm out."

"M'kay." She grinned wide. "We can take it from here, right guys?"

Your four other employees choruses agreement, still focusing on their tasks.

"You guys." You smiled, hand to your heart. "You just know how to make my day."

Shane laughed from the grill, pancake expertly flipping in front of him. "You're just easy to please."

You stuck your tongue out at him, earning a laugh. Turning back to Tiffany, who had moved to the register to take stock of the pastry display.

"If you guys need anything-"

"Call." She finished, not looking. Pen moving furiously over her notepad. "I know."

"Okay." The word breathed out of you as you moved to your office on your left. Unlocking the door.

You tapped your lip, pulling up the texts from Mikey as you grabbed your house keys from your desk.

You should create a social media page. You had suggested after he had sent you twenty pictures of his tagging from various spots around the city.

He hadn't responded, probably just waking up you figured, pocketing your phone, moving back to the kitchen, locking the door behind you.

That was fine though. You waved at everyone as you made your way to the door that led to your home above the cafe. You didn't need him to respond. You already had a plan.

You unlocked your door, closing it behind you.

"Hey Camila." You glanced at your potted snake plant. "Guess what we're gunna do today?"