Part 14

You stared at Mikey, hands splayed over his chest. Shock jolting through you as his hips rolled, hands clutching your waist so tight. Too tight.

Anger quickly replaced the disbelief as he rose easily, you still in his arms. Heat rising in your chest as Mikey clutched you to him. His sheepish grin, the dig of his fingers along your back.

You felt the snarl rise as you looked up into his eyes. "How many times-"

"Oooo." Janae whispered, hand over her mouth as the noise slowly returned to the cafe.

"I know!" Mikey chuckled, chuckled, as you raged.

"The back is for staff!" You kicked your legs, ineffectively trying to free yourself, your apron soaked with minestrone, feeling the soup leech through to your shirt and pants. "Look at the hazard you've created!" You motioned to the broken bowls, the puddle of food, the tray forgotten half under the prep table.

"I'm sorry!" Mikey set you down, wincing as you smacked the back of his head.

You missed the way he tucked his arm into his chest, as though to protect it.

"Lovers spat!" Ez's voice rose above the cacophony of the food prep.

"It is not!" You spun on him, almost tripping as Mikey rushed back by with a broom, sweater sleeves pushed up on his forearms.

Shoulders tensing as the mutant winked, blowing a kiss. Feeling heat flood your face as titters rose around you.

You stared at him - glaring really - as he started cleaning up his mess, shoulders moving a little awkwardly.

"Now I'm gunna have to comp that table, you knuck-" the words died on your lips, eyes narrowing on the way he was handling the broom.

Suspiciously you hopped down, ignoring the way noodles and beans squished under your shoe. Mikey did a double take, but you didn't meet his gaze as you grabbed his forearm, pulling his hand towards you.

You looked at him, head cocking, raising his own fingers up. And this? You asked wordlessly, the splint around his hand glinting in the harsh kitchen lighting.

"Damn!" Ez hissed, maneuvering expertly around the two of you, more bowls of soup entering the serving window, which Gina took out immediately. "Didn't know you could get hurt, Big Guy!" He teased, whacking Mikey's bicep as he returned to the grill.

"It, uh." Mikey's other hand tightening on the broom. "You know. Skateboard accident!" He shrugged, shuffling awkwardly with his renewed efforts to clean up his mess. "Tried to do a gazelle kick."

You inhaled, staring at him, eyes searching his body for tells, for any hints. But he remained focused on the task at hand.

Eventually you sighed, shrugged. "Be more careful idiot."

¤

"You dirty cheater!" You giggled, shoving Mikey's face away as he peppered you with kisses, arms wrapped around you.

"I'm just using your weaknesses to my advantage."

You hissed, hitting y instead of x as Mikey's teeth grazed your ear.

"You mother fucker." Hands trembling, brain on fire.

His Humm rumbled low in his chest, controller falling on the cushion beside him as he doubled on his efforts, hand slipping under your shirt, etection grinding hard against you.

Your laugh was a feeble thing against his free hand dropping to your pants, unbuttoning them. You couldn't help the moan as his mouth found its way to your shoulder, you both barely on the couch now.