A Terrifying Work of Art

Scar didn't sleep well that night. He kept waking up in cold sweats, his heart racing. It wasn't exactly surprising though, he expected a hard time sleeping. That's why it was surprising when he woke up. He felt full of energy. Not exhausted, but strong.

He sat up out of his bed. They had used the underground section of Tangos dungeon crawler game, decked out as a temporary home. Turns out that ravagers aren't always bloodthirsty when Tango is in charge.

As he stood up he noticed something on his left forearm. A bracer with a screen on it, like Xisuma's. Had Xisuma made him admin? It would make sense that he would have to pass down that role, but why to Scar?

He shook those thoughts away. Xisuma chose him to fill his shoes. He had to be the leader. He walked out to the main room they were staying in. The first person he walked to was Pearl.

"Scar. Hey." Pearl didn't seem very injured. Only a few scratches and a couple light burns.

"Pearl. How are you doing?"

"I'm holding up. Xisuma was my friend, he didn't deserve to die."

"I know. Listen. We can't leave, this is our home. But you can. You can go back to your people, live with them. I'm sure there's chaos over there too but there's no Iskall or Hels trying to kill you at every turn."

"I'm standing with you. I'll fight, do whatever is necessary."

Scar smiled. "We'll as far as I'm concerned, you are a hermit."

"Thanks. That means a lot. I just have one thing to do. I need to check on my home. Make sure everyone survived. My family, Doc, Ren, False. I'll catch them up and give them the help they need."

"Of course. I just have one thing to ask of you. Don't let them come here. Especially Ren, Doc and False. Don't let them return. I'm not dragging anyone else into this."

Pearl nodded. "I'll see if I can find a ship that floats, there's a lot of wreckage."

"Good luck, Pearl. I'll see you soon."

Pearl ran out and Scar looked at the rest of the hermits.

"Everybody! Can I have your attention please?" He called out.

Scar stood on an elevated part of some ruins. "Xisuma has chosen me to be admin. Listen, we've lost so much. Things we'll never get back. But that ends now. We'll hit 'em hard and won't let them touch us back. We will not lose another life. We can't. Let's show them what hermits are made of!"

Cheers erupted and Scar smiled. "Alright. Here's the plan."

——————————————————————————

Evil Xisuma stood by Hels as he looked over the server, at what he had done. They were standing on one of the towers at the fortress that Grian had made as a base for them while their group was still together.

"Jeez. You really did it." Evil looked at the chaos.

"I did. It really worked." Hels started to smile.

"I'm guessing Wels isn't exactly happy."

"Actually, he's been weirdly quiet. You still there?"

Hels waited for a second before speaking. "Yeah he's still here. Just not speaking much."

"So your plan was to just destroy the server? What are you going to do now you've succeeded."

Hels chuckled. "Oh this is just the start. There is so much more to come."

Evil noticed that whenever he's was around Hels he felt scared. He didn't like that feeling. He didn't feel safe around Hels. "What did this do then?"

"This? This was to just get their attention."