In Another Life

Cleo stood upon the tower that looked over the remains of the shopping district. She looked over the area that surrounded them, not taking her eyes away for a second.

Joe looked up at her. "Come on, how likely is it for someone to attack right now?"

She rolled her eyes. "I'd say it's likely enough. They've done it before."

"You can take your eyes away for one second. It'll be fine."

Cleo sighed but didn't look away. Joe stood up and sat back down on the edge of the tower. "Do you think we shouldn't have left Evil Xisuma behind?" He said.

Cleo shrugged. "We weren't even there, Joe. If he made the choice to go with Hels, so be it."

"Yeah but he just lost his brother and the only person he has to be with is Hels. I don't think he's exactly okay."

"What made you bring this up?"

Joe nodded to the memorial for Xisuma. "He was here. Not to attack or anything, just to be with Xisuma."

"I suppose we'll help him if we can, but we have to prioritise ourselves and the hermits. If he chooses to be the enemy then we have to treat him as one."

Cleo opened her mouth to continue but she spotted something out the corner of her eye. Something moving. Coming straight at them, fast.

"Joe look out!" She yelled but it was too late, a dark shape slammed into Joe and he went tumbling off the tower.

Helsknight looked at her. "Hey Cleo. So nice to see you again." He greeted her with an malicious smile.

"What do you want?" Cleo took a few steps back. "Don't come any closer."

"Im afraid you don't have a choice. I just need to borrow you for a second." Hels grabbed Cleo's arm and they teleported into a room with stone walls.

He let her go. "I must say, I was never much into ender pearls, but you can do some great tricks with them."

Cleo rushed at him and went to push him over but he stepped aside and tripped her onto the floor. He sighed. "I was really hoping you'd cooperate."

Evil walked in and summoned red chains out of thin air. They wrapped around her, pinning her arms to her sides and her legs together. Evil pulled her to her knees and said nothing.

Hels kneeled infront of her and searched her pockets. "Oh here we go." He pulled out her armour stand book.

"An entire army, made purely of armour stands, in the palm of my hand."

Cleo chuckled. "It's not just the book idiot. That's just to focus raw magic. My magic."

Hels pulled of his helmet, letting his blonde hair fall out. "I know, why'd you think we brought you here."

He also pulled off his armoured glove. He flexed his fingers and a orange glow appeared in his palm.

"I don't have a whole lot of experience with this, so let's hope I don't damage anything." Hels rested his hand on her forehead head. "For your sake."

She could feel his magic entering her mind, she was worried it was trying to take root there, if he was trying to control her. But no, it was searching. When he pulled his hand away it seemed to take something with it.

Hels grinned. "Mine now. What's was I saying. an army, in the palm of my hand?"

He looked at Evil Xisuma. "Deal with her. I don't care what you do, kill her, take her back, kick her out the door. As long as she's not my problem."