Chapter 6 - Panic Attacks

Light flooded my senses once again as I heard the sound of animal chatter. I cover my eyes until they adjust to the sudden light then take in my surroundings. I found myself in a big building that seemed to be a mix of a dojo and someone's home. The animal chatter I heard came from the few small monkeys that seemed to take up residence in the building. The monkeys are small white macaques, which are rather cute compared to the dark drabness of the building. Said monkeys made their way over to me as soon as they noticed I was there.

They observed me before climbing onto me, almost as if they were assessing me. I didn't mind as I tried to figure out why that shadow monkey kidnapped me. Maybe he has some bad blood with Wukong and took me as some kind of leverage against the Monkey King. Though it's not like the brown furred monkey even knows I exist. If he did he probably wouldn't want anything to do with me. Especially after how I broke his heart so he could go back to where he was supposed to be.

"I see the little ones like you." My train of thought is broken by the voice of my captor from the stairs that aren't far from me. I look at the shadow monkey as all but one of the smaller monkeys run off towards the larger monkey. Granted there are only four little monkeys, though it's more than I expected to be in a place like this. The one that stayed with me was nuzzled up against my head, which I didn't even realize had been giving the small monkey scritches. "Though I wouldn't expect anything less from them since they are from Flower Fruit Mountain. The home of your-"

"He's nothing to me." This gets a laugh from the shadow monkey, who approaches the bed I'm sitting on that's most likely his. "You say that, but Sugarplum it's obvious he has a hold on you." I slightly glare at the monkey demon, even though he's not wrong. "I'm not the only one, Copycat." He raises an eyebrow as he smirks. "Copycat?" I nod as I bring the petting of the smaller monkey to an end, which ends up with the monkey on my shoulder for some reason, and get off the bed. "Yeah, you're his copycat. Unless you aren't Liu Er Mihou, or the Six Eared Macaque."

I catch the brief surprise on his face, which is probably from my rather quick deduction of who he is. Though there aren't really many monkey enemies of Wukong so it was the only logical explanation. Even though the Six Eared Macaque should be dead after what happened to him during the story of the Journey to the West. "You're definitely smarter than I would've pegged you for." I roll my eyes and walk around the shadow monkey. "Thanks." Sarcasm coating my tone when I spoke.

"What do you even want with me? It's not like I'm really useful to you, especially if you plan on using me to torment him." I didn't bother looking at him as I headed towards the stairs, only to stop when he appeared in front of me. "Oh you're definitely useful, but not for tormenting Wukong. I am, in a sense, turning a new leaf. The kid is quite infectious with his kindness and redeeming those who don't deserve it."

"The kid? MK?" Macaque nods before taking a step towards me. "The one who most likely caused your little panic attack. Though you can't blame him, your friend did ask what his name stood for." I took a step back when the shadow monkey came towards me, slowly realizing he was watching from the shadows the whole time. "Not only are you a copycat, you're a creeper." He lets out a small chuckle at my comment. "I can see why he likes you. You don't sugarcoat anything. Maybe I should make you mine instead Sugarplum. I'd definitely be better to you than him."

The smaller monkeys seemed to disagree with him as they started giving him looks that gave off offense for the comment as if it had been directed at them instead of their king along with the noises they made. "I was joking. Though it's clear that he did something bad that caused her to have a panic attack from the mere mention of his name." I stood there for a bit as he had a conversation with the little monkeys that I couldn't fully understand due to not being able to understand what the smaller monkeys were saying.