Chapter 13 - Confrontation

I awoke from my little nap to recharge after everything that's happened so far today to find that I'm still in Wukong's grasp. We are laying on the couch in his hut, his arms secured around my body with his tail wrapped loosely around one of my legs, while he is watching that animated series about him. I push myself up a bit so I can look at my boyfriend, but his grip makes it a bit difficult. Though it loosens when he looks at me, seeing that I'm not actually trying to get up. His tail unravels from around my leg and most likely grabs the tv remote because the show stops shortly after he removed his tail from me. "Sleep well?" I nod as I smile softly at him.

"Wukong, I'm sorry for not telling you about my ex before."

"It's okay Peaches. They hurt you, but I won't let them ever hurt you again." I shake my head. "No. You will not-"

"I'm not going to kill them. Macaque told me what you told him about the dream you had. As much as I want to rid the world of them I won't because it won't make you feel any better."

"Then how do you plan on keeping them from hurting me again?"

"By scaring the shit out of them!"

"Wukong!" He just cackles at my reaction, but I know it's the better of two evils. As much as I want to never see Ash ever again I couldn't in good conscience let any of the others actually harm my ex. So having my boyfriend scare them off instead is the better choice, even though it just feels as if I'm letting someone else deal with something I should be dealing with.

Wukong and I spent a bit more time cuddling at his home before I had him drop me off at Sandy's boat house. I had a feeling that I'd figure out what to do about my ex while talking to the big blue guy. Plus I could get some free tea that I actually like.

"So to recap, your ex partner has come to town specifically because you're here and they've done nothing but anger you and everyone around you since then." I nod as I take a sip from my cup of tea. "Have you talked to your ex about everything? Maybe if you do things will resolve themselves." I sigh as I shake my head. "I haven't, but I feel as if I won't get a chance before Wukong or one of the others scare them off before I have a chance. I wouldn't mind that, but I can't just let everyone else deal with my problems. Yet how do I do something so difficult? I want to do it, but it just feels like I can't. I just feel like I'm going to revert back to the people pleaser I was when I was dating them and just let them walk all over me because it was just so much easier that way even though I know that it just hurt me in the long run."

"How about you write a letter to them with everything you've felt and wished you could've said, but felt like you could?"

"I've thought about it, but I just feel like they'll misinterpret it. I need to confront them myself, but I don't think I can do it alone."

"Hm.. How about I go with you? I'll just stand there by your side and let the two of you talk. That way you can get everything out without fearing you won't be able to and none of the others will be there to take over the situation from you." I think about Sandy's words for a bit then nod as a small smile graces my lips. "I think that'll work. Thank you Wujing." A wide smile makes its way onto his face. "Anything for you!"

After finishing the tea that Sandy had made we left his boat home and off to find my ex. It didn't take long for the three of us to find them. A grin formed on Ash's lips as soon as they saw me, blatantly ignoring Sandy and Mo, and walked over to us. "Look what the cat dragged in. Come to your senses and realize I'm the best you ever had?" Their words caused my blood to boil, but I kept a level head about it all. "Ashley, stop with your nonsense." They frowned as soon as their first name came out of my lips. "I've told you a hundred times, do not call me Ashley." I had to fight the sorry that wanted to come out due to it being an old habit. "Look Ash, I'm not ever coming back to you. Especially not while I have a partner that actually respects me. Sure, he and I had a rocky start, but he's a lot better than you."