Chapter 9 - Party Time

It was growing close to the day of May and I returning to our homes in America. For that reason alone MK's group decided that we should throw a little goodbye party so we all can have a day just having a party. I originally was against the idea, because I'm not huge on parties, but May and Mei persuaded me into agreeing to the idea. With me agreeing I had to go shopping for the perfect party dress since May wanted us to dazzle at our own party.

"I feel like a show pony in this." I grumble as I stare at myself in the mirror of the changing area. "Don't say that! You look adorable!" I glare at May before going back into the changing room that I had came out of to show off the outfit the girls decided to put together for me. Nothing they had given me felt like the one. Either the outfit didn't look right, showed off my body shape in a way I didn't feel comfortable with, or just didn't fit right despite being the right size.

I sigh softly as I change back into the clothes I wore when we entered the store. "This is pointless. We're not going to find me anything that I feel comfortable in." I mumble as I start gathering up all of the clothes that I've tried on. I open the changing room door and hand the clothes to the girls, who look disappointed. "I think I'm going to go get some fresh air." Before either could protest I left the changing area and shop.

"Never pegged you for someone who enjoys shopping for prissy clothes." I snap my head in the direction of the voice, spotting Macaque with a young girl by his side. Though instead of looking like he normally does he has a more human appearance, which is most likely because he's out with a kid I haven't met before. "Never pegged you for someone who enjoys hanging out with kids." The young girl softly giggles at my retort, which got a smile from me. Macaque places a hand on her head and pats her head. "This kid is Bai He. I occasionally babysit her-"

"Babysit? Looks more like a parent taking their kid out because it's a beautiful day out." My words earn a slight glare from the simian. "Listen here Sugarplum-" I cut him off again with a simple wave of my hand. "Relax Copycat, I'm messing with you. As much fun as that is, I'm going to have to bring that to an end. I have to somehow find some clothes for a silly farewell party the group is throwing and I have had no luck so far."

"Then don't go." Bai He gives Macaque a look that gets a laugh from him. "I'm kidding." He says to her before turning his attention back to me. "How about Bai He and I help you with your search?" I shrug as I glance back at the shop I just came out of. "It'd probably go better than it did with the girls." I say as I look back at the two. The young girl smiles as she gently grabs my hand, which gets a smile from me. "Let's go! I know this place that sells really pretty clothes!" I giggled at Bai He's enthusiasm and let her lead the way.

The shop that we went to was definitely full of pretty clothes, but nothing I could see myself wearing. They were clothes that mixed traditional with modern day, which resulted in some amazing designs. I honestly felt out of place in this store, which must've been obvious by the subtle looks Macaque kept giving me. Luckily Bai He didn't notice, but I think she was more focused on guiding me around the store to show off all kinds of different clothes and outfits I could possibly try on. However, I didn't pick up anything or try on anything. It honestly felt like a lost cause until a dress caught my attention.

Bai He noticed and dragged me over to it. I carefully inspected it, hesitant to try it on only to be disappointed with how it fit or looked on me. "I bet that would look better on you than it does on this mannequin." I look at Macaque unsure, but I cave into trying on the dress. Which is the best decision I've made today. The dress fit my body shape perfectly and I honestly felt pretty in it. I showed it off to Macaque and Bai He, who were waiting in the changing area, and I swear I saw Macaque nearly lose his disguise from looking at me in the dress.

"Whoa..." I couldn't help, but laugh at Macaque's speechlessness. "You look so pretty in that dress! You should go with it!" I smile at Bai He before looking at myself in the mirror of the changing area. I stare at myself in the mirror as I turn my body some to get different angles of myself in the dress. No matter the angle I truly felt beautiful in the dress. I turn back to my companions and smile at them. "This is the one!" Macaque lightly shook his head, seeming to snap out of his little trance as a smirk appeared on his face. "Too bad you'll only be wearing that for a farewell party."