Chapter 11 - Peaches and Love

"Wukong, what is going on?" The shadow monkey asked as he came over to us as I slowly connected the dots to what probably just happened. The peach gets crushed in the monkey demon's hands as he looks at his shadow brother. "She just ate a-"

"A peach of immortality?" I started to panic over this myself. This was not what I planned to happen when I came back to Megapolis. What was I going to do now? I'm not ready for this. I didn't want this! Why me?

My train of thought was brought to a stop as I felt hands gently cup my cheeks followed by my name being said out softly. "It's going to be okay. We're going to-" I put my hands on his chest and push him away as my anxieties turn into anger. "It's not going to be okay! You- This- I can't believe you! This is all some sick kind of plan to ensure I choose you over everything else! You haven't changed one bit! I knew this was all too good to be true! I should've never let you back in my life!"

I failed to notice in my shouting rant at Wukong that the said simian had backed away from me with a look of hurt filling his whole body. Nor did I notice the way the smaller monkeys hand run off in fear of my wrath. It wasn't until the overwhelming emotions had left me did I realize everything I had said and how it hurt those closest to me. I wanted to take back my words, my anger, but the damage was already done. I glanced towards Macaque and MK, who were staring in surprise and shock, then looked back at Wukong, who was staring down at the ground instead of me.

Tears filled my eyes as my body moved, leading me off towards the water-curtain cave and out through the waterfall. I let my feet guide me until I ultimately got lost, but I didn't care. I leaned against a tree and slid down it, sitting down on the ground, as I let myself just sob. I was wrong to say what I did, but what can I even do to fix that. Wukong probably hates me now and probably thinks I hate him. "Stupid, stupid, stupid! You left your whole life behind to be closer to him and you go and blame him for something that he didn't even do! Gods he must hate me." I sob out as I try to wipe away my tears.

"Now why would he hate you?" I look towards the voice and find a familiar face looking back at me. "Guanyin?" She nods as she approaches me. I look away from her as I wipe away more tears, knowing she's expecting an answer from me. "I got angry with him and said things I didn't mean. I was just so overwhelmed with my emotions over becoming immortal unintentionally and I took it out on him." I feel a hand gently rest on top of my head, turning my gaze to the Bodhisattva. "I can assure you that things will all work out in the end."

"But what if it doesn't? What if Wukong hates me because of what I said? I don't want him to hate me because I... I..." The sound of a branch snapping stops me from finishing my statement. I look towards the sound as Guanyin removes her hand from my head. "You've already given out your location so there is no reason to keep hiding." As if just accepting the words of the deity the one spying on us came out of hiding, revealing that it's Wukong. I look away from him as I try to hide the fact I had been crying from him. Though I'm sure he already knows.

"Guanyin, what are you doing here?"

"You need not worry about that."

"If you say so." The simian says before he moves closer to me. "Peaches, can we talk?" I hesitantly looked at Wukong, taking note that Guanyin seemed to be gone now. I just nod instead of speaking, fearing I'd start crying again. He slowly takes a seat beside me, but doesn't say anything. It seems he's trying to find the right words. "I'm sorry." I managed to get out without the water-works starting up again. "No, no, I'm the one who should be sorry. I should've told the little ones not to give anyone any of the peaches from my special stash. If I had you wouldn't-"

"You couldn't have predicted this would've happened. So don't blame yourself." I say as I rest my head on his shoulder, glad he wasn't currently wearing his battle armor. I could feel the way his body tensed from the action before relaxing. "Still you shouldn't be sorry Peaches." I slightly shake my head, but keep it on his shoulder. "No I should. I said some terrible things to you that I didn't mean- that I don't mean at all. I shouldn't have lashed out at you like that." He rests his head on top of mine as I feel his tail wrap around my waist. "I know. You were so scared that all your fears became anger and those fears came out in a way you didn't want them to."