A new start (3)

Over the first week on Hermitcraft, Taylor hadn't seen many Hermits around their base area, and decided to head over to spawn, now equipped with full diamond armour, and diamond tools, along with a LOT of diamonds going spare, just in case of any shops being open.

And WOW.

The hermits worked fast. There were shops and houses all over spawn, decorating it in a beautiful haze of colours and designs. It looked like almost every Hermit had settled at spawn. Oh well, that left Taylor more space for decorating before any of the Hermits even started on a mega base.

But who actually had the effort to start a mega base already? It was only episode four on Taylor's end, with some Hermits so far with only one or two episodes. Oh yeah, speaking of the media.

Along with lots more attention due to Hermitcraft, Taylor had also been gaining subscribers on YouTube for a not-so-good reason.

Trolls.

Of course, with coming from such a small community, it would take some getting used to the new problems it would bring, but they just weren't prepared for the problems so soon.

As a distraction to the trolls, and feeling like it was too early to start building a megabase, Taylor began building a minigame of sorts.

It was a maze/escape room type game, where you would need to find the button which would send you down to the next level, and there were three levels, each one getting harder.

But there was one issue with this.

It involved Redstone.

Like any normal person, redstone was the one Minecraft feature (besides (least favourite Minecraft feature)) that they just couldn't and didn't want to understand.

The best redstone they could do was make a looping redstone system, that looked like this:

(Again, taken from mine and my friends world, it was made in preparations for a New Years event)

But besides that, they had no clue how to do ANY redstone.

Checking the tablist, Taylor noticed that it was just them, and two other people online - Scar and Impulse. Inconveniently, both were streaming, so that wasn't going to help.

What persuaded Taylor to ask for help though, was that both weren't the worst at redstone, and it would likely make some clipable content if the game went well, the clips from people failing and losing rounds.