Alex the bitch (13)

I spent my time waiting for Twitchcon (knowing now that I would be attending) on Hermitcraft, planning the large-scale buildings that would be both above and below the surface. Heck, I even planned nether builds!

Fewer Hermits than usual came to see me on Hermitcraft in the week and a half before Twitchcon, but having already learnt about the rumours spreading via Alex, I wasn't even surprised in the slightest. Thankfully enough, a large amount of Hermits didn't actually believe Alex, whilst the few who did believe him were mainly just ones who didn't know me as well, such as Doc, XB and Ren, to name a few.

I didn't really know how to feel, so instead of trying to talk to the Hermits who didn't trust me, I worked with, and spoke to the ones who did. A few of those people were Grian, Scar and thankfully enough, Xisuma. I would have genuinely cried if Xisuma didn't want me here, seeing as I'd worked too hard to lose it all now.

Even if I did get banned though, I did have that Dream SMP invite, though not necessarily on the lore front, but even if I did get kicked from Hermitcraft and didn't join the Dream SMP, I was a big enough creator now that it hopefully wouldn't affect me too much. Also, I was definitely in the next MCC, which was a week after Twitchcon, on a team with Wilbur, Ranboo and Grian, which I was extremely excited about.

But strangely enough, a few minutes after I had posted about my excitement for MCC, Pearl had asked to call me? On.. discord? I wondered what about, especially seeing as Pearl was the one who had literally said "we need to be wary of them" and "Alex warned us about them", so I was a bit nervous joining the call.

"Hello?"

It was clear in my voice that I felt a bit confused, but immediately started to calm down a bit when I heard Pearl's cheery response.

"Hello!"

"H-How are you?"

"I can tell you are a bit nervous, so I can just get straight to the point if you want?"

"Yeah, maybe do that."

God, I really am awkward as shit.

"Ok, so I was watching back my recording for my next episode of Hermitcraft, and as I was doing my intro, I saw you in the corner of the screen. But when I said a line about Alex, you immediately left? What happened?"

I hesitated, unsure of what to say. I genuinely couldn't tell if Pearl was angry at me, or if she was just curious.

"Uh- Uhm- I-"

"Please, just tell me the truth about-"

"Do you believe what Alex said?"

"Huh?"

"Do you believe the rumours that Alex has been spreading? A-About needing to be careful around me, a-and about me being bad in the past?"

"Woah, woah, breathe, breathe. And to answer the question, not really. I can send you the recording if it's about what you heard from me, because otherwise there's NO way you should have this idea."

"Yeah, maybe that could help."

Pearl sent over the recording almost immediately, and I skimmed through, looking for the section.