What of them? (19)

Waking up a few weeks later, I felt, for once, proud of myself. I was making a full recovery mentally, and was now visiting Scarlett daily, whether that be for a few minutes or a few hours.

(Because it hasn't been explained that much, pretty much what happened after the fire is that Scarlett inhaled so much smoke that she couldn't breathe. So to save themself, their body put itself into a coma to make sure Scarlett couldn't get any closer to death. Hope that clears things up, even if absolutely nobody asked)

But I couldn't have even began to imagine what would happen today. What I would be able to see.

As per usual, I drove over to the hospital, and went up to Scarlett's room. I had no plans today, and so I would be there pretty much all day. If Scarlett wasn't in this condition, my days would be filled with plans. So pretty much, my upload schedule sped up quite a bit, yet I made sure to visit every day, regardless of my plans or events, as I've said before.

Anyways, so do you want to know what actually even happened that day?

No? I'm going to tell you anyways. (Hahahahahaha)

I was sat in Scarlett's room for around two hours, before I heard quiet stirring beside me.

Excitement filled my mind, and I began to tear up. Scarlett's eye were slowly opening, and she was trying to sit up. She looked around weakly, before seeing me beside the bed.

"Fuck.. oh my head.. T-Taylor?"

A smile creeped over their face, as I covered my mouth to muffle a sob.

"Scarlett!"

Tears filled her eyes, as we pulled eachother into a tight hug.

At that moment, I didn't care about the nurses that had come running in at my scream of joy. Nor did I care about my excessive amount of crying I've done in this book. Hell, at that moment, I didn't even care about what happened with Alex.

At that moment, I just cared for Scarlett.

And the fact that she'd survived.

And to steal a quote from Grian real quick:

"We survive, and we thrive."
(-Grian, 100 hours in Hardcore, Episode 1)

Because that's exactly what was happening. Not only was Scarlett alive, she wasn't broken, or mentally disturbed, she was just thriving. Even if they now may have PTSD whenever close to/reacting with fire, I knew she'd get through it.

I knew we'd all get through it.

And recently, I'd started to become strangely correct in all my assumptions. So I trusted pretty heavily that I was right.

(Main character powers, am I right?)

Yeah, fuck it. Imma say that, what you gonna do about it? Fuck the fourth wall at this point, it's deeper in the ground than Scarlett's will to live ever was.

H-Hey, writer?

IRL Scarlett?

What are you going to-