I.

Tyler

I was so not prepared to come back here on such short notice. I hadn't told Shuri about Matt. Mr. Powers said he told her. I know she's been trying to contact me, I choose not to pick up. I know I haven't been the best friend, hopefully she didn't take the news too hard.

I'm in a car sent for me, I'm on the way to my old villa. I'm glad it was available. Not everything will be the same this time around but at least some things never change.

I get inside and put everything down. I walk to the living room and there is a big bouquet of roses with a note sticking out of the top.

Shit, they're gorgeous. The note says "Welcome home princess, I'll be in the lab whenever you're ready to get started."

I take my shoes off and text Matt that I've made it. I change from my skirt and blazer to a comfortable jogging suite. I won't have to put those back on for a while, thank god.

I unpack my bags and sit in my thoughts.

I know it'll be tough being around her again. I don't want all the feelings rushing back to me.

I twist my engagement ring on my finger. Why'd she have to ask for me?

     ——《 ☆ ♕ ✧◦♚◦✧ ☆ ♕ 》——
Shuri

My princess is here in Wakanda. I've waited for this day for two years. I've been watching her since she left. I know about her move to California, her fiancé and everything else I need to know.

I was serious when I said Tyler would be my Queen. I won't take anything less. I'll let her think it's purely business for now. I'll let her believe she's getting married in September. I even agreed to her fiancé coming here.

Little does she know, I created the project between Wakanda and stark industries so I could get her to come home. She's denied all my other attempts at getting her here. She even stopped wearing her beads. She's just a little confused right now. She's home now, she'll come to her senses soon.

"Somebody has been busy." I hear the familiarity in her voice. My heart speeds up drastically.

I turn to look at her. I knew she looked different but as she stands in front of me I can see how much she has grown. She isn't the same Tyler that left Wakanda two years ago.

"Ahh, princess. You look gorgeous." I reach my arms out to hug her.

She's hesitant at first but she falls into my arms. I inhale her sweet coconut aroma. Still the same.

"How've you been?" She asks.

"I've been okay. I've been back and forth from here to Haiti. I've been living to say the least. You?" I sit on my desk.

"I would answer but I know you have all of the answers." She laughs.

"I actually don't. I was surprised to hear about you getting married. Who's the lucky girl?" I ask.

I know all of these things already I just need her to feel like she has the upper hand.

"HIS name is Matthew. We met when I went to Hawaii. Before you say anything. I didn't go looking for him. It just happened. After we graduated we went backpacking in Europe. Everything else was just history. He proposed to me on my birthday last year." She finished.

"That's sweet, am I invited to the wedding?" I cross my arms.

"I don't know if that'd be a good idea." She sits down in the chair front of me.

"Why, is he jealous or something?" I joke.

"He doesn't know about you. He doesn't even know I'm gay." She bites at her lip.

"We'll technically you're not gay. Your going to be married to a man soon."

"I'm very much gay still. Somehow he got me. It's not like I went searching for him. I had someone waiting for me, I just did a poor job waiting on myself." Her expression softens.

"Well, I'm still waiting if that's what you need to hear for you to be your true self." I smile.

"I brought some paperwork over that the company has been trying to get Wakanda to fill out. Every time we send it we never get it back. Please be sure to sign these." She hands me a file with papers inside that I have no intention on looking at.

She almost jumps out of her skin when she sees my arm.

"Like the new tattoos?" I ask knowing damn well she's not concerned with my inking.

"You still wear that?" She refers to the scrunchie she gifted me before she left.

"Of course, when I say something I mean it. I swore I would never take it off and I don't. Well when it goes for cleaning of course." I tease.

"Hmm. Charming. Well let me show you the new tech we're developing so we can get started. I'm starving and I need a good sleep." She begins to type.

"Where are your beads? I really hope you weren't careless enough to leave vibranium in the states." I raise an eyebrow.

She goes into her purse and puts her custom beads onto the desk. "Look Shuri, it's hard enough being in the same room as you. I don't want to spend the next six months feeling guilty for the decisions I've made. I know I made promises I didn't keep. I know I've been a horrible friend. Just bear with me. I'll try to make it up to you but only platonically." She holds out her hand.

"Platonically." I shake it and smile.

Last time we did things platonically it was everything but. I don't think she remembers but clearly she's forgotten a lot. It's okay princess because as long as you have me I'll always be here to remind you who you are. You may be able to hide from him but you can't hide from me. I know you. You are Tyler Basset, an alphabet community computer geek who loves the water. You are my princess, my future Queen.