IV.

Shuri

Drunk in love by Beyoncé is playing through the club. The concert is over, the performer was amazing. Princess was dying to tell Nwago how good he was on stage. He was mind blowing.

"Hi, I'm Tyler and I'm completely drunk but you were amazing." Tyler puts her hand out to shake his. We're all at the bar.

"Thank you so much." He shakes her hand. He notices me almost instantly after. "Queen Shuri, I'm sorry I did not see you. Did you enjoy the show?" He does the wakandan salute and daps me up."

"I loved the set, your talent is out of this world man. Thanks for having us." I reply.

"No thank you all for coming, let me get you two some drinks. Come sit with me and my crew in our section."

"I have to get her home, we're already drunk off of our asses." I say.

"No, I'm fine I promise see." Tyler touches her nose with the tip of her fingers. "We'll be right over there." She finishes.

"Okay, I'll go get us a bottle brought over." He walks to his section.

"Princess are you sure you don't want to go home?" I ask her.

"No, Shuri I'm fine, now let's go get belligerently drunk." She smiles.

Something's off with her. I know she loves to party when she does go out, but like this on a work night is bazar. I'll allow her to have her fun tonight but we will talk about it in the morning.

She grabs my hand and we walk toward his sections.

After some drinks and a lot of talking with Nwago and his friends we begin to dance. Under the influence plays by Chris brown starts and the dj yells "ladies this is for you."

Tyler immediately starts to stand up and pulls me up with her. We leave the section and go to the floor. She starts to sway back and forth to the music and bend on me. She's dancing on me as if I'm her stripper pole. I hold her hand in the air while she dances. She's moving like her rent is due. "Keep moving like that princess, I'll gift you an island.".

"Oh my queen, are you mesmerized by my moves?" She jokes as the song comes to a close.

Love language by Sza plays. "Can we slow dance love?" Princess asks.

"This isn't the song for that." I respond.

"Please." She pleads. I take her to the middle of the floor and we swing back and forth and our bodies are in sync. It's only us and three other couples with the same idea. She touches the tattoo on the back of my neck, connected to my ear. "I love this tattoo. What made you get it." She asks.

"No reason, I just do things just because sometime." I explain. "I always loved the spontaneous side of you. Who am I kidding I always loved everything about you. I still do. Especially the way you love me. I'll never be able to find that anywhere else." She stops messing with my neck and looks up into my eyes.

She lifts up and places a kiss on my lips. I kiss her back. We go back and forth with each other until I pull away. "Princess, we can't. We must get going." I hold her chin.

"Shuri, while I have the courage to say this. I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt you in any way. If I could take it all back I would. I still love you and it's so complicated. I do know I can't be with Matthew knowing you're here and still in love with me like you were two years ago."

"Princess, take all the time in the world, I'll still be here waiting on you when you're ready. I don't care how long it takes." I say to her.

"Okay, I'm ready to go home." She smiles.