Chapter 1-𝓝𝓸𝔀 𝓸𝓻 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻

𑁍~~☆~~𑁍
"Oʜ, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɪɴ' ɴᴏ ʀᴇs ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪᴄᴋᴇᴅ,"
"Mᴏɴᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ' ɢʀᴏᴡ ᴏɴ ᴛʀᴇᴇs,"
" ɢᴏᴛ ʙɪʟʟs ᴛᴏ ᴘᴀʏ,"
" ɢᴏᴛ ᴍᴏᴜᴛʜs ᴛᴏ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ,"
"Tʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɪɴ' ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ꜰʀᴇᴇ..."
𑁍~~☆~~𑁍

𝗟𝗨𝗞𝗘'𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗩 ♡︎

(Sᴏɴɢ-Nᴏᴡ ᴏʀ Nᴇᴠᴇʀ-Sʜᴏᴡ ᴠᴇʀsɪᴏɴ)

The blazing sun beat down on Luke's back, searing his skin with its scorching embrace. Sweat trickled down his temple as he strummed the chords of their song on the borrowed guitar.

Behind him, Alex cracked his drumsticks together, counting them in.

"One, two, three!"

"Take off! Last stop! Count down till we blast open the top!" Luke sang. "Face first! Full charge! Electric hammer to the heart!"

The anticipation in the air was palpable, the energy surging in response as the band unleashed their music on the peaked crowd.

Bobby, their temporary rhythm guitarist, had given Luke a heads up the day before about a potential gig opportunity. A well-known, local band was scheduled to perform at noon in the town square, and if the boys were fortunate enough, they could have a shot at "testing out" the instruments.

Luck had definitely been on their side. Sunset Curve found themselves shredding in front of a bewildered crowd while the other band and their security enjoyed enough food to feed a homeless shelter.

The rest of the band joined in, Alex's drums adding to the bumping energy. "Clocks move faster, 'cause it's all we're after now! Oh."

The crowd before them was by far the largest they'd played for, dozens of townspeople of all ages. A flood of teenage girls had fought their way to the edge of the shaking wooden stage, red faced and screaming, straining towards the musicians. Luke understood they were collectively pretty hot, but damn. At least it wasn't a bunch of drunkards again; the last group could've listened to a harlot wail and call it good music.

In a flashing moment he closed his eyes, reveling in the intense pride for his band. They brought their music to life, captivating who Luke would one-hundred percent now call their fans.

Reggie joined him, sharing the mic. "Won't stop climbing, 'cause this is our time, yeah." The other boy's eyes shone, and despite the beaming sun his pupils had dilated with adrenaline.