Chapter 3-𝓛𝓾𝓴𝓮'𝓼 𝓟𝓵𝓪𝓷

𑁍~~☆~~𑁍
"Mʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ɪs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ sᴇᴀʀᴄʜɪɴɢ,"
"Sᴇᴀʀᴄʜɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏʀᴇ, ' ʟᴇᴀʀɴɪɴɢ,"
"Tʜᴇʀᴇ ᴍᴜs ʙᴇ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ,"
"Oᴏʜ, ᴏᴏʜ..."
𑁍~~☆~~𑁍

𝗟𝘂𝗸𝗲'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 ♡︎

(Sᴏɴɢ-Lᴏᴠᴇ Rᴜɴs Oᴜᴛ ʙʏ OɴᴇRᴇᴘᴜʙʟɪᴄ-2:40~Eɴᴅ)

"Luke! This way!" Alex beckoned to him hurriedly from a side street.

His feet skidded on pebbles as he cut right and dodged gorilla-man, who was already sporting a knarly looking black eye.

Apparently the security was getting paid for effort and not by the hour. As soon as the boys had doubled back a block to go in the direction of their hideout, they were swarmed by pissed off, heavily breathing guards.

Luke rolled past a pair of legs, laughing when two of the guys slammed face first into each other.

He took off through the market after Alex. Reggie somewhere behind him, they careened through carts and people, jumping tables, stands, and the occasional child.

The guards definitely had size on their side, but agility they were lacking. Luke ducked and spun and wove, all the while keeping sights of the navigating blond up ahead.

Alex abruptly carved down an alley, springing off a pile of crates to the left. The top one cracked in half as he seized the edge of the stone building, hauling himself onto the roof.

Luke followed what he could of Alex's footsteps, vaulting off the still standing boxes and kicking off the opposite wall. He landed partially on the roof, the edge catching him in the gut.

"That couldn't have been more graceful." Alex satirized, tugging him up by the shirt as Luke wheezed.

Reggie did exactly what Luke did, despite not hitting quite as hard. The alley was so narrow that the big security guys had to shimmy down it, but right before they could get Reggie to safety gorilla-man caught his feet.

His arms went tight around Reggie's waist, dragging him back over the stone ledge.

"I'm a minor! I'M A MINOR!" Reggie's wriggled and yelled. Startled, the guy loosened his grip enough for Alex and Luke to yank the third boy up with them.

Reggie fixed his jeans, indignantly jabbing a finger at the man as he tried and failed to climb up as well. "NO SIR! And jokes on you! I'm eighteen!"

Luke chuckled, clapping a hand on Reggie's shoulder. "Let's go boys."

They whooped with exhilaration and raced across the rooftops of Adonsville. It was the capital city, their home away from home, seeing that they were all runaways.

Breathing hard, Luke paused for a moment to take in the view. It wasn't every day you had the vantage point to see the whole valley, the entire royal grounds, and the beach beyond. He inhaled the salty wind as it whirled around him, cooling the sweat on his skin, lifting his hair from his forehead. His fingers brushed across the flyer in his pocket while he gazed at the castle, a smirk blooming on his face.