Chapter 9-𝓑𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓜𝓪𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 & 𝓢𝓴𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓑𝓸𝔂𝓼

𑁍~~☆~~𑁍
" ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ, s ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄʀᴏᴡᴅ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇʀ,"
" ᴡᴀs ᴇᴀsʏ 'ᴛɪʟ ɪᴛ ɢᴏᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴅᴇᴇᴘᴇʀ,"
"Nᴏᴡ ᴅᴏɴ' ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴇᴀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ,"
"S 'ᴍᴀ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀ (ᴘᴏᴏ),"
"' ɢʜᴏs..."
𑁍~~☆~~𑁍

𝓙𝓾𝓵𝓲𝓮'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥 🜲

"Hey, where'd the rest of the band go?"

Julie blinked to focus on a girl that she knew as Kayla, one of the princesses in Carrie's music group. Thankfully the other girls weren't anywhere to be found where Julie was now lingering in the hall. People drifted around her in colorful groups, laughing and chattering about the performances, glittering rings and headpieces flashing in the light.

After their number came to an end the boys had taken off out a back exit in order to avoid the onslaught of curious royals. Besides the fact that they had left her alone under a spotlight, in front of dozens of people, she supposed it was better to let the princess handle the explanation of why 'thieves' were playing for the Royal Music Program.

Having been in a sort of disbelieving daze, she'd simply smiled in response to many of the questions, too busy maintaining her composure. Thoughts and thoughts of that was incredible, or, we sounded great together, were barely anything compared to, what am I going to tell Mrs. Harrison? Or my dad?

She had just managed to distance herself from everyone and pull herself back to the present when Kayla addressed her.

"Oh, I'm not sure." Julie wondered if it was possible to get permanently stuck in a smile as more kids joined them. "They probably had work to get back to."

"That was so cool! It's like we were in Coachella, but, like, not in the desert and without the sweat." Some guy in a yellow tunic said, faltering with his profound logic.

The fuck? "Thanks..."

Suddenly she spotted Mrs. Harrison, the one person she'd been anxiously waiting to talk to. Julie excused herself from the overeager royals, weaving her way over to her teacher.

A sympathetic smile crossed the instructor's face when she saw Julie, so hopefully she wasn't in major trouble.

"Mrs. Harrison, I am so sorry for not asking for permission," Julie apologized swiftly, "I just wanted to show you I belong here. That I could finally play again."

Mrs. Harrison laid a gentle hand on her shoulder. "As amazing as that was, your spot's already been filled by another student. As of right now my hands are tied. I wish with everything that they weren't but they are."