Chapter 32-𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓵𝔂, 𝓗𝓸𝓻𝓻𝓲𝓫𝓵𝓮 𝓓𝓲𝓼𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻

𑁍~~☆~~𑁍
"Aɴᴅ ɪᴛ's ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴏᴠᴇʀ 'ᴄᴀᴜs ʏᴏᴜ,"
"Aɴᴅ ɪᴛ's ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ..."
𑁍~~☆~~𑁍

𝓙𝓾𝓵𝓲𝓮'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥 🜲

The cure was working. Slowly, but it was working.

Meanwhile Julie was suffocating in her dress. Suffocating in the stuffy throne room where trials and legal disclosures were held. Just as it was now.

Luke, Alex, and Reggie were knelt on the ground before her, hands cuffed behind their backs. The sight was painful but until their proof arrived there was nothing she could do.

They were still being accused of murder.

Julie glanced at Victoria, poised on the King's throne beside her. Since Ray was out of commission and Julie still wasn't allowed to speak on the matter, they'd brought in the next closest monarch. She knew Victoria would be fair, especially where Rose was involved, but her dislike of the boys still weighed heavy on the mind.

The inspector they'd been waiting on entered the room, back from the 'Hollywood Ghost Club.' Julie's spine straightened.

"The flowers that were spoken of," he bowed, reading off a clipboard, "they're gone."

The air was sucked from her lungs, the floor ripped out from under her.

They couldn't be gone. That was their only chance.

Her eyes met the boys'. They'd all paled with the same fear.

"No!" Julie absolutely dissented. This would not be it. "They obviously moved them, I'm sure if you just look—"

Caleb motherfucking Covington cut her off. "They're were no flowers to begin with Princess. I'm sure if you look to simple reason you'll see—"

"Do not speak to me!" Being within the same room as him was torture enough. The audacity Caleb had to speak. "You foul bastard. You killed my mother, she's gone because of you—!"

She was restrained by a pair of soldiers, eased back into her chair. Julie ripped her arms from their grip, shaking with barely controlled fury.

Thankfully, her attention was snagged by a commotion just outside the doors. She jolted with surprise at the sight of Willie, face to face with the stern security blocking his path to the throne room. Gripped tight in his hand were several papers, determination in his stance. "Let me through! Let me through!"

Julie caught her Tía's attention, pleading with her to heed to his cries.

Victoria relented, her voice piercing through the tension. "Guards!"

"Here!" With a sudden burst of energy, Willie pushed past and sprinted towards the stairs leading up to the throne. Breathing raggedly, he finally reached Victoria, handing over what Julie saw was crucial evidence. "I have proof."

Hope lit like a fire in her chest, because Victoria was holding clear photographs of the flower room with the flowers still in it. The best part? Caleb could be seen in the corner as well. Willie must've taken these before they had time to evacuate.