Chapter 2-𝓦𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓦𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓘 𝓦𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓤𝓹?

𑁍~~☆~~𑁍
"Sʜᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴀʀᴇʟʏ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴠᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ,"
"Sʜᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴀʀᴇʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sɪɢɴs,"
"Pᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ sʜᴇ's ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟɪᴄᴀᴛᴇᴅ,"
"Bᴜᴛ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ,"
"'Cᴀᴜs sʜᴇ's ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ R-ʀᴀᴛᴇᴅ,"
"Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ ᴅᴀᴍɴ ʙʟɪɴᴅ,"
"Sʜᴇ's ᴊᴜs ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ʜᴇʀ ᴀɴɢᴇʟs,"
"Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɴᴅ..."
𑁍~~☆~~𑁍

𝓙𝓾𝓵𝓲𝓮'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥 🜲

Julie sat frozen at the piano, fingers resting hesitantly on the beginning keys to the song. After a long, agonizing moment she exhaled, drawing her hands into her lap.

Dammit.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Harrison, I just can't do it."

Her teacher sighed and sat next to her on the bench. "Julie the only thing stopping you from playing is yourself. I understand how hard it must be, but I know you, and once you just start the hardest part will be over."

"I know. And I know you've had to tell me a hundred times, but even the thought of playing without her hurts too much."

"I know honey, and I miss Rose too." Mrs. Harrison wrapped an arm around Julie, rubbing her shoulder. "But seeing it be so hard for you hurts me too. I would give anything just to hear you sing again, but that'll have to be something you come to on your own terms, not something I can teach you."

Julie watched as she stood and rounded the piano, stacking sheet music, "that's why I hate this deadline for you playing at the ball just to stay in the Royal Music Program. Yes it may be the most elite in the nation, but it should be more understanding of its students. And your aunt Victoria should be more understanding of you and not push you towards it so much."

Julie gave a half smile, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "Tía can be overbearing, but she's wrong about me needing to stay in the program. It's the only way to truly pursue music as a princess. And music is my thing."

At least, it used to be.

Mrs. Harrison gave her a sympathetic look, sighing again.

"You know what? Why don't we end this session early? All we're doing is gossiping." She gave Julie a sideways smile.