Chapter 30-𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓼 & 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓐𝓿𝓪𝓵𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓱𝓮?

𑁍~~☆~~𑁍
"Oɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛs ' ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴ' ᴀɴxɪᴏᴜs,"
"Oᴠᴇʀᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴ' ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ,"
"Dᴀʀʟɪɴɢ, ᴊᴜs ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ,"
"Fᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴍꜰᴏʀᴛ ᴍᴇ..."
𑁍~~☆~~𑁍

𝓙𝓾𝓵𝓲𝓮'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥 🜲

Julie stormed past the protests and reaching hands of the guards, demanding she be let through.

Right outside the entrance to the desolate dungeon a wiry blond stepped in her path, planting his feet wide. "Not so fast Julie."

The uninvited casualness pricked at her. Only to her friends was she Julie. "Knox, I don't care who you think is in control right now, but if you want to remain standing you will respect me as your Princess and remove yourself."

She glared at the barely restrained sneer on his face until he reluctantly stepped out of her way. Julie marched past with her head held high, daring another guard to try just as much.

When she saw her boys however, it was all she could do not to rush in and hold them through the bars. Nearly slipping on the damp stone floor, she forced herself to stop a good foot away from their cell.

"Are you guys okay?" The restraint nearly killed her, especially as she took in their ragged appearances.

An unwarranted jolt took her as Luke approached the bars with a regretful grin. "We're good Jules. For now."

Despite herself, she relaxed. A shallow cut slashed his cheek and a bruise was forming on his jaw, but besides that he was okay. The guards that brought him in looked much worse for wear: bleeding and bruised, claw marks marring the length of their faces and throats. Good, she thought, he put up a fight.

"Have they mentioned any of the conditions to you? Why you don't have a say right now?" Alex asked, gripping the bars next to Luke.

"Yeah, it's all about potential bias because of my affiliation with you guys. Caleb and his men protested that I would disregard reasoning and truth," she used air quotes, "to protect you."

Little did he know Julie was always the first to light a fire under their asses when they tried to lie. They wouldn't so much as fib over a sandwich anymore if it meant she'd find out.

Resolve sat heavy in her heart anyways. The more she'd questioned it, obsessed over what Luke told her, the more believable it became. All these years, all the sketchy things Caleb had done and said...she'd fought the urge to gauge his eyes out when he coolly denied her accusation not five minutes earlier.

He killed her mother.

Julie brought herself back to the more pressing issue. Inhaled. Exhaled. Now wasn't the time.

"I had to force them to let me see you, and even then they told me if I so much as touch the cell I can be charged too." She continued.

"Sounds like they're making stuff up to me." Reggie scoffed.